AFIII Route 66 improv

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I'm not sure I've ever posted any recordings here before but I came up with this chord progression while noodling around with the Mr Z Route 66 model.

The overall tone was really inspiring and I just started improvising and decided I should capture a bit.

This amp was starting to break up a bit... I have an RCB in front with mild drive.

I probably played over this for 30 minutes - very much pure enjoyment!

Hope you guys like it.

Last edited:
Sounds real nice....Nice playing and tone. Have to check that amp out.................Thanks
I haven't used it recently but I have been revisiting some models recently. I think it's nice but also sounds different from what I remember on the Axe Fx II.

I'm not sure I've ever posted any recordings here before but I came up with this chord progression while noodling around with the Mr Z Route 66 model.

The overall tone was really inspiring and I just started improvising and decided I should capture a bit.

This amp was starting to break up a bit... I have an RCB in front with mild drive.

I probably played over this for 30 minutes - very much pure enjoyment!

Hope you guys like it.

Sounds great! What cab would you recommend?

Sounds great! What cab would you recommend?
Thanks.

I'm using 2 ML G12H30-55 IRs - one sm57 + one m160

I also set the Speaker Impedance Curve to the 2x12 Tx Star since it seems to work well with those IRs.

I don't know what the "stock" speakers are for the real amp but these worked for me;)

Thanks.

I'm using 2 ML G12H30-55 IRs - one sm57 + one m160

I also set the Speaker Impedance Curve to the 2x12 Tx Star since it seems to work well with those IRs.

I don't know what the "stock" speakers are for the real amp but these worked for me;)
Replying to myself, but according to Yek's amp guide the G12H30 is one of the recommended speakers. This amp comes as a head only...

Apparently recommended paired with the Z Best 2x12 cab in real life, which contains a G12H30 and a V30.

I might try that combo inside the Axe Fx, too.

This note from the guide was very interesting as I noted last night that things seemed to get gainier when I bumped the Treble and Bass:

The controls are very simple: Volume, Bass and Treble. On the original amp Treble and Bass operate regularly until 12:00 and dial in gain once turned past noon. To put the amp into overdrive, crank all three controls. The amp has no Master so keep this at default in the amp model for authenticity.

Also interesting that it has an EF-86 Preamp section and the power tubes are KT-66 (hence the name).

Back
Top Bottom