Round and Round Request

cdub

Inspired
I have discovered that I really suck when it comes to programming the pitch shift block. I've been trying to get a patch for the harmonies in Ratt's Round & Round solo. Does anyone already have one specifically set up for this song?

I've already tried using the Lonely Hearts patch & tweaking off of it, but to no avail I could not get it to sound even remotely close.

Thanks for the help!

I haven't tried it but I can give it a shot this weekend unless someone else comes up with something before hand. I was working on one for Rock You Like a Hurricane the other day.

Both are great songs. I'll give it a try, but it'll be while before I get to do any programming (doing a series of one nighters).

my band does this song. I have a pitch block setup to auto engage with exp 1.

I can post the patch when i get to my gear, but it may be a few days.

If I'm not mistaken from memory, i have it set to melodic minor, in key of A. But dont hold it against me if I'm wrong.

BTW, it also depends which part of the solo you play. I start the solo on the 20th fret on the b string...so I have the harmonies doing the higher harmony for me. I think, lol...

When I was setting up the Hurricane pitch shifter I think i did similar, have the pitch shifter do the higher parts. I didn't like it going down a fourth, sounded better going up a fifth.

if I remember right also, I also have the hi-cut of the pitch rolled off to about 2-3k, to help remove any 'metallic'ness to the sound. mix to taste.

I also start the solo on the B string 20th fret & have been trying to create the harmony off of it. Any patches that come close to replicating this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

you are only looking for harmony on the last 1/2 of the solo correct? thats all I use it on...

I think the Round and Round harmonized part of the solo is tricky. Most of it is a minor 3rd, one note in the middle is in unison, and the very end is a perfect fourth. I think. A minor is they key.

uhm...what about the intro rhythm tone? that ain't no piece of cake - rather elusive

I don't worry too much about nailing tones exactly, I just try to get in the ballpark. I've attached is the rhythm patch I use for almost all 80s hair stuff including Round & Round. The patch is set up for gig volumes & I play through a QSC K12.

Now I just need a patch to play the harmony part in the solo. I saw a band do it a while back & the guitar player used a Boss Pitch Shifter & really nailed the harmony. He was running the pedal through the effects loop of the amp. Band mates are giving me hard time that I can't do it with a $2K processor & that guy could do it with a $130 pedal. I have no doubt the Axe can do it just seems its owner (me) doesn't quite have the knowledge to figure it out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CA3 RHY.syx
    2 KB · Views: 164
sorry guys, been lame on getting my harmony settings up. I should be able to do it later tonight. Assuming i dont have too much wine at the comedy place tonight. otherwise tomorrow morning.

here is my round and round harmony settings. I think, lol. first time trying to attach a .syx file.

I saved it as a preset .syx, and attached. right?

Attachments

• rnd and rnd harmony.syx
    663 bytes · Views: 84
Thanks for posting! I'm not able to load the patch - it just reloads the current patch I am already on. Not sure if it is me or the patch although I don't normally have any trouble loading other patches on here.

Thanks for posting! I'm not able to load the patch - it just reloads the current patch I am already on. Not sure if it is me or the patch although I don't normally have any trouble loading other patches on here.

Ditto

Back
Top Bottom