Rough time estimate of AxeFX II purchase availability AND wave #2?

Gasp100

Power User
Trying to time the sale of my Standard to help the cause for II. If the first wave is within a week I would be cutting it close. If the second wave is 2 months off I would want to hange on to sell for a while... decisions, decisions.

1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Thanks, because the thread was closed and put all the way up to the top I did not see it. Now, for the second part of my question -- anyone???

For the second part of your question you won't ever know. You need to make a call and live with the decision. After all the... "stuff..." about the previous release date I wouldn't expect any more date announcements. Even if an announcement was made on the second wave there are still other variables that could invalidate that date.

My personal advice is wait until you have the II in hand (or at least a shipping confirmation) before you sell your Standard if you want to make sure you have something to play. If it is about maximizing the dollars you get in return for the Standard, well, it is much like the stock market. You need to have the right timing and with reward there is a certain amount of risk. The risk being you think you have an idea when the II is coming out, you sell and then there are delays.

Whatever decision you make I hope that it turns out in your favor.

+1, you just have to make a choice that you can live with. I sold my Ultra the day after the announcement; I had no idea when they would be available but I had the chance to sell it and lose next to nothing on what I originally paid, so I took it while I could. If you want to play it safe and hold onto it until the II is on it's way to you, you will have to live with possibility of a saturated market of Gen 1 axe's (and thus, getting a lower price). OR you can just get lucky! :D

My decision has been made. Sooner or later I'm going to want the II (definitely by the end of the year). I also don't have an audio interface and need one for general music use, mixing/monitoring and of course recording my crap assed guitar playing. So, I chance it and pull out the acoustic if required :)
That is actually what I used at my last (sit in) gig in quite a while anyway.

If you wait till after the II ships, you'll get $900 for the standard if you're lucky. Sold my Ultra for $1625 shipped on eBay 2 days ago. I consider myself lucky to have gotten that.

I'm curious/confused at this link of thinking. People who are in-the-know are already aware that the Axe-Fx II is coming out, and how much it will cost. Why do you feel the actual availability (since it's clearly just a matter of time at this point) make such an additional impact?

Is it that the people (like myself) waiting until we have an Axe-Fx II in-hand will be selling their units and flooding the market shortly? In that case you just need to wait until the wave ebbs.

Maybe, maybe not. You have to understand I bought the op's standard today. I bought it for my brother in law who lives in Thailand and is quite happy to pay that price. I sold my standard 5 minutes after the II was announced for 1300 and consider myself lucky. If I were on the market for one for myself, I'd pay no more than 1100. But I've put a deposit down on a II so I guess it doesn't really matter.
I highly doubt this is accurate.

Not to re-ignite any fires here but....
If you guys have been around the Fractal world for any amount if time, you should know by now the actual release time frame and how it works.
I was one of the guys on the waiting list back 3 different BBS's ago.
I think Cliff gets excited about what he's working on ( which is a good thing) and then can't contain himself. So he spills the beans early on whatever the new box is.
It was the same with the ultra, atomic amps deal, and the MFC.
In a perfect world, sub-contractors who make the various parts for Fractal & the shipping companies etc., would always be "on time".
But we live in this imperfect world...
I knew from previous experience, when the first release estimate was given, that was at LEAST a month early.
I would guess were looking at another couple weeks minimally.
I mean it's not like the Chase's have a warehouse full of Chinese workers waiting on standby, to unload the chassis truck, and man an assembly line. I'm sure it's a much more humble operation.
So, considering that. How much time, realistically, do you guys think it would take to unload chassis', install the boards, install software, test the new units & burn them in, box them up, process all the orders and ship them?
Then assuming, the high profile customers who haven't gotten an AFX II yet, get theirs first, that will leave plenty of wait time yet.
And I'm sure Cliff is spending any freetime, still working out the software end of the AFX II.
It's gonna be a while yet people. So its a double edged sword. Sell now and get the max dollar for your AFX, or Hang onto your AFX's until the thing is released and take what you can get...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom