Rough mix of a track from my new band

D20

Power User
I used the Thordendal Modern and a free IR ;) for all the rhythm tracks in my AX8. Drums are a mix of a bunch of different Toontrack libraries. I also used some GGD on the kick as well. Bass was my fav ever Spector NS2 direct. I did a little post processing to it. If the bass is too loud...I'm the bass player and i like to hear my bass in the mix haha
:)

Hope you guys like it! Critiques are ALWAYS welcome!

Dude, this is bitchin'. I'm loving the bass tone. I know a lot of it probably has to do with that sexy NS2. I'm looking to get one eventually. Do you still have the patch you used here for it though? Wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.

Reactions: D20
Dude, this is bitchin'. I'm loving the bass tone. I know a lot of it probably has to do with that sexy NS2. I'm looking to get one eventually. Do you still have the patch you used here for it though? Wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.

Many thanks!!!

The bass tone here was actually just my NS2 direct in. I did use some post processing and i think the bulk of the tone came from the TSE BOD. It is basically a Sansamp plugin. Other than that i just used some EQ, compression, and limiting on the bass.

Many thanks!!!

The bass tone here was actually just my NS2 direct in. I did use some post processing and i think the bulk of the tone came from the TSE BOD. It is basically a Sansamp plugin. Other than that i just used some EQ, compression, and limiting on the bass.
Damn, dude. That's nuts. I ordered a Spector Euro Classic and I'm beyond stoked. It was a bit more than I intended on spending, but I know it'll be worth it and what you just said totally confirmed it. Haha. Went with the white and gold hardware just like Mike Starr's (Alice In Chains) main bass he played. Now to just find a Hazlab preamp for it eventually. Haha.

Damn, dude. That's nuts. I ordered a Spector Euro Classic and I'm beyond stoked. It was a bit more than I intended on spending, but I know it'll be worth it and what you just said totally confirmed it. Haha. Went with the white and gold hardware just like Mike Starr's (Alice In Chains) main bass he played. Now to just find a Hazlab preamp for it eventually. Haha.

Man you can't go wrong with any Spector. I played a Euro for YEARS before getting a USA NS2. Did yours come with the TonePump preamp? If so, that's a good pre. Very grindy and growly sounding! That is what i had in my Euro. Check on Talkbass. There is a guy that makes a preamp that is a direct copy of the HAZ pre. I know there are clips on Soundcloud of it. I think it is called the SNC preamp. Just a cheaper option.

The Euro Classic comes with a EMG BTS, so I'm curious to see what that thing's got in store. I'm totally gonna check out that Haz copy preamp though. Heard many good things about the Darkglass Tone Capsule. But, it sounds like the Haz is the holy grail.

EDIT: Found it.

The Euro Classic comes with a EMG BTS, so I'm curious to see what that thing's got in store. I'm totally gonna check out that Haz copy preamp though. Heard many good things about the Darkglass Tone Capsule. But, it sounds like the Haz is the holy grail.

EDIT: Found it.

i found a clip of a 40th anniversary Euro with a Darkglass TC pre running 18 volts strung with EB Cobalts. This might give you an idea of the TC's tone capabilities :)

Back
Top Bottom