Rotary issue

hippietim

Axe-Master
My buddy came over last night with his Axe II. He wanted to hear it through a variety of FRFR systems and have me check out some patches. During the course of things I had the Axe II hooked up to a Centerpoint Spacestation v3 which does some pseudo stereo stuff in one cab (it is marketed to keyboard players). He was using a tweaked version of one of the factory Plexi patches and I saw there was a rotary block in the patch. The settings for the rotary were in the vein of Coldshot and I wanted something slow and swirly. So I dropped the rate a lot, increased the spread to 100% and increased the high and low depth. This resulted in some pretty terrible crackling sounds. It was pretty harsh so I tried dialing everything back and couldn't seem to get rid of it. I reloaded the preset and it was gone of course. Then I repeated the steps except the depth adjustments and it didn't happen again.

Sorry I didn't save the preset.

Not able to help with your exact issue, but as a crnterpoint owner myself, try splitting the rotary block off and running it via dedicated outputs to the Space Station. It sounds amazing have the stereo rotary effect from it and then the dry main outputs, basically exactly like how it sounds when you added a vibratone cabinet to an existing amp rig. Makes the space station worth every penny I spent for it

Did you happen to notice the CPU usage? I know you've been around long enough to catch the simple things but I've been combining some presets and in doing so I have been dancing all over that 90% limit. The sound you described reminds me over stepping that line.

Back
Top Bottom