"Room sound" in ultrares IR ? (audio content)

stefherbuel

Inspired
i did a A/B test this morning with stock cab (starfound Mix (TAF)

from 0:00 to 0:09 it's ultra res , 0:09 to the end normal res . no reverb, and cab's reverb @ 0

what is this "resonance" ? the "room" ??

thanks

BTW did try with other ultra res, it does the same, but not with high res only cab ...(?)

Hi
I would guess since this is a MIX Ir file.. that TAF mixed in a ir of the "room sound" Like 2-3 meter from the cab
Ownhammer also have Room ir files,that you can use when making your own Ir mixes

your'e right, didn't thought about that, i tried another IR , wich is not a mix ( stock 1*12 tweed verb r121) , hear it a lot less, but it's still hear.is it the "room" sound ?
from 0:00 to 0:04 , normal , then ultra res. just did noise on my pickup to have a percussive sound.

i did a A/B test this morning with stock cab (starfound Mix (TAF)

from 0:00 to 0:09 it's ultra res , 0:09 to the end normal res . no reverb, and cab's reverb @ 0

what is this "resonance" ? the "room" ??

thanks

BTW did try with other ultra res, it does the same, but not with high res only cab ...(?)
I have the cab pack it was contained in, there's also the "room-less" version of it, sounds definitely better. ;)

It's called Cab Legends, but Theampfactory site has been in maintainance for quite some time now. You can try to contact them

I tried several weeks ago and haven't had any luck. It's a pitty they don't offer IRs anymore as they had several choices not available in the other vendors and the Kemper profiles I've tried from them are very good.

I tried several weeks ago and haven't had any luck. It's a pitty they don't offer IRs anymore as they had several choices not available in the other vendors and the Kemper profiles I've tried from them are very good.
Yeah, Andy had some very unique sounding stuff in the IR dept....it is perplexing why he seemingly exited the cab biz....he also had a presence here for a while.no longer it seems.

I was looking around yesterday for Fane speaker IRs so I can make more variations of some cabs I like (including the Starfound one)... looks like the Legends Cab Pack is where it's at, and I can't get it. I did fill out the website form. But if the dude is not really selling it and not responding to others who want to give him money... is it a crime to share among people who already have it? What is the owner losing at that point?

edit: Just saw that he's active on Facebook... I'll try that approach. I see a pattern among several small businesses in different industries that neglect their company webpages in favor of the simplicity of making Facebook updates.

I was looking around yesterday for Fane speaker IRs so I can make more variations of some cabs I like (including the Starfound one)... looks like the Legends Cab Pack is where it's at, and I can't get it. I did fill out the website form. But if the dude is not really selling it and not responding to others who want to give him money... is it a crime to share among people who already have it? What is the owner losing at that point?

edit: Just saw that he's active on Facebook... I'll try that approach. I see a pattern among several small businesses in different industries that neglect their company webpages in favor of the simplicity of making Facebook updates.
That's the only cab pack that contains wem starfinder IRs but there are other Fane IRs out there: some Ownhammer, Redwirez and a few free IRs on axefxarchive site.

Would love to see that cab captured by Fractal or ML though ;)

I feel like I get more of that "room" type effect with IR's (and real life mics as well) when I place my cabinets closer to walls in my live room and if I drive the cab louder when shooting the IR's. Personally I try to avoid that because I can recreate that effect with f.ex. reverb but it it's printed in the IR there's no way of removing that sound. It's all about my approach and getting the "clearest and cleanest capture". However I have my cabs cranked quite damn loud so you do have some of that ambiance in my IR's as well but it try and fine tune it inside the live room. I have quite many acoustics panels and they're placed in ways to minimize the reflections. It's not an anechoic chamber by any means. :)

Thanks DLC86- I was looking at the Redwirez based on your suggestion, and ended up buying the whole damn thing. I should have more than enough variety to work with now, and if I can't find something that sounds like what I want, them I am the problem ;)

Back
Top Bottom