Rolling your volume knob off

Jackp

Inspired
Hey guys
Thinking about getting the Ax Fx 2 my ? Is when you have a patch let's say a good crunch
When you roll the volume back does it clean it up some what like a real amp does . This may be a stupied question
Thanks jack

Yes it works, there should be some good examples in the recording section of the forum for you to check out.

Great most of the processors out there lack a lot on this
Iam getting ready to order one next week. Where can I find those six string
And thanks Derek and to both of you for you reply

Works fantastically and in fact works BETTER than a "real" amp. The Dynamics options mean you can have a huge window not just tonally, but in terms of volume, with massive control.

Truly the best option bar none for an amp.

....... and if you use an expression pedal you can roll off the input volume. I know this has a different effect to rolling the guitar volume but I thought I'd just put that out there.

This was a rather large factor in my decision to go with an Axe-FX. Almost every single amp model cleans up beautifully. This is important to me and it works a charm.

:eagerness:

Having owned every GT and HD whilst not knocking them, couldn't believe how a turn of volume actually can bring a high gain humbucking setup to almost as clean as a strat. Love doing it just for the sake of hearing the change. Ax is a monster, even Stephen Hawking couldn't invent a thing so clever!

Man these is so great hear I was really wondering about it , because I noticed in a lot of the you tube videos
I could hear going on , and was thinking this so awesome to finally hear a processor that you actually does this
I have line six , eleven racks, pod2.0
Where can I find those videos that six string was talking about
You guys awesome

Man these is so great hear I was really wondering about it , because I noticed in a lot of the you tube videos
I could hear going on , and was thinking this so awesome to finally hear a processor that you actually does this
I have line six , eleven racks, pod2.0
Where can I find those videos that six string was talking about
You guys awesome

Not videos - just sound clips. Link: Axe-Fx II Recordings

(Third link down under the Axe FX II heading in the main page of the forum.

If you do want videos, they abound on Youtube.

Agree with others in that the Axe FX does this better than some real amps.. but it does depend on which amp model you choose. For example, the AC20 DLX model cleans up incredibly well from the guitar volume for me using my Les Paul.

Not a dumb question at all. I had the exact same question, as this was a huge factor for me as well prior to purchasing. As previously mentioned, it not only does it very well, it seems to do it better than actual tube amps. very pleased!!

....... and if you use an expression pedal you can roll off the input volume. I know this has a different effect to rolling the guitar volume but I thought I'd just put that out there.

Depending on the model and what I'm after, I'll sometimes attach modifiers to any combination of [amp block] input trim, gain, master vol, level, [vol block] pre or post amp block, or [output] level... SOOO000ooo many ways to shape your volume roll off without even touching your guitar's pots.

Something I've found really fun is to incorporate reverb and/or delay increases (level or feedback, depending) with volume decreases... good for some kicks.

Oh, and yes, your guitar's volume & tone pots will respond exactly like they would with the toobz version of the given amp models.

Back
Top Bottom