Rolling Stones- shady band security, never again.

I was able to get pit tickets to The Rolling Stones show in LA yesterday. The music was great and they played Ruby Tuesday. The experience was not and I will never attend a RS concert again. It’s a long story so warning…

I arrived at the venue and went to get my spot on the rail. Then it all went downhill from there. Some a-hole comes 20 minutes later pushing and shoving me claiming it’s his spot. We argue and he continues to push while venue security looks the other way and ignores the escalating situation. A-hole moves down a few spots. Then it comes out he’s selling his spot for some 80 year old lady who is supposedly a friend on the band.

He gets his venmo money and begins to walk away. Then the bands head of security, a bald guy named Chris?, goes over to him and they’re all “buddy”. It turns out Chris is getting a cut as they talk about business and Chris wants the old lady to have my spot, even though she’s only 4 people away from me and also on a rail. He comes over and begins asking me and a few other people if we could give up our spots and move around for this 1 lady. Another fan asked, “why are you moving people?”. Chris immediately became hostile and specifically said, “I can remove you from the venue. Is that what you want? I can do it”.

Chris then turns to me and asks “so?” At this point I realized he wouldl likely throw me out if I didn’t comply so I said sure if I can get a set list. He agreed and I never heard from him again as he ignored me the rest of the night while this old lady took up my spot. I ended up 2nd row and dealing with a bunch of idiots cutting in front of me the whole night.

I know it’s a bunch of BS because none of the band ever acknowledged this “lady” who was supposedly a good friend of the band. And if she was really friends, she would’ve been on the other side of the rail with band friends+family and backstage. End of story.

After paying $500 for the ticket and being treated like that as a fan, I have no intention of ever seeing them again.

Attachments

• 30227C8E-34C3-4822-8711-DFCB02232284.jpeg
    30227C8E-34C3-4822-8711-DFCB02232284.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
You should have used your smartphone to film his ass. That way you can put him on youtube so his bosses can see what an asshole they have hired and how that makes them look.

I’m more than happy to post pictures of the bands security head & the jackass that harassed me for my spot. If I had filmed him (security head) head on while speaking with him, I’m sure he probably would’ve insisted on throwing me out. It was a no-win situation. And it sucks because it was my first stones concert and it will be my last (could be the last for the whole world, you never know).

I was able to get pit tickets to The Rolling Stones show in LA yesterday. The music was great and they played Ruby Tuesday. The experience was not and I will never attend a RS concert again. It’s a long story so warning…

I arrived at the venue and went to get my spot on the rail. Then it all went downhill from there. Some a-hole comes 20 minutes later pushing and shoving me claiming it’s his spot. We argue and he continues to push while venue security looks the other way and ignores the escalating situation. A-hole moves down a few spots. Then it comes out he’s selling his spot for some 80 year old lady who is supposedly a friend on the band.

He gets his venmo money and begins to walk away. Then the bands head of security, a bald guy named Chris?, goes over to him and they’re all “buddy”. It turns out Chris is getting a cut as they talk about business and Chris wants the old lady to have my spot, even though she’s only 4 people away from me and also on a rail. He comes over and begins asking me and a few other people if we could give up our spots and move around for this 1 lady. Another fan asked, “why are you moving people?”. Chris immediately became hostile and specifically said, “I can remove you from the venue. Is that what you want? I can do it”.

Chris then turns to me and asks “so?” At this point I realized he wouldl likely throw me out if I didn’t comply so I said sure if I can get a set list. He agreed and I never heard from him again as he ignored me the rest of the night while this old lady took up my spot. I ended up 2nd row and dealing with a bunch of idiots cutting in front of me the whole night.

I know it’s a bunch of BS because none of the band ever acknowledged this “lady” who was supposedly a good friend of the band. And if she was really friends, she would’ve been on the other side of the rail with band friends+family and backstage. End of story.

After paying $500 for the ticket and being treated like that as a fan, I have no intention of ever seeing them again.
You actually think any of this has to do with the band, especially that band? You really think Jagger and Richard’s have a clue what’s going on in the pit with security grifting little old ladies? Come on guy you’re delusional. The whole “never gonna go see them again after this” is laughable. You’re yelling at water for being wet. The overpriced ticket you don’t buy from a scalper next time around will go to someone else. The operation won’t skip a beat. You are actually the least relevant person in your entire story.

Last edited:
well...concerts are what they are - a happening - over the years I have had many memorable experiences:
  • 2005 - Almost crushed at a Stones concert when the entire exiting field level audience was routed to a very small gateway - big swaths of the exiting crowd were pressed up against adjacent cement walls.
  • 1977 - pickpocketed at a Boston Concert.
  • 1977 - punched in the head at a Boston concert which was general admission - 10,000 gen admin ticket holders all admitted at once, run for, and fight for. the 1000 best seats.
  • 1979, 1984 - Van Halen, 1977 Kiss - way too goddam loud - Had hearing loss for several days after each - I attribute my current Tinnitus issues to these few shows.
  • 1979 - Rush/Max Webster - barfed on.
  • 200? - Guns N Roses - started 3 hours late - part of Axl's "schtick"
  • 1995 - Paid a fortine for Eagles reunion tickets - our seats were unexpectedly placed behind the sound booth - spent the evening trying not to see the sound guy's fat arse.
  • 1984 - Journey - raindelay - had to leave for work before the show started.
  • 198? - chick poured a drink on me.
  • 1989 - Stones Steel Wheels Tour - bus ride home from Montreal - horrific experience.
  • 1982 - Triumph - Lasers pointed at the audience - not a good idea but who knew in those days.
  • Several 70s/80s Aerosmith Concerts - this band attracts more weirdos than ... and the wierdest wierdos always seem to get seated beside me and want to be my best friend.
  • 2000 - While in Vegas - took my Dad to see Kiss - Ted Nugent who was backup went on a bizarre political rant - Dad was not impressed.
... ... ...
Those were the days - such fond memories

I don't go any more - just watch the blue rays.

I don't go any more - just watch the blue rays.
These days, if I can't get nice reserved seats, I'm not going. With all due respect to the OP, losing a good standing spot due to unscrupulous security and having latecomers cut in front of you could describe almost any concert ever.

You actually think any of this has to do with the band, especially that band? You really think Jagger and Richard’s have a clue what’s going on in the pit with security griftung little old ladies? Come on guy you’re delusional. The whole “never gonna go see them again after this” is laughable. You’re yelling at water for being wet. The overpriced ticket you don’t buy from a scalper next time around will go to someone else. The operation won’t skip a beat. You are actually the least relevant person in your entire story.
Maybe you missed the part where I mention he’s the bands personal head of security? Idgaf what mick or Keith think. I care about security knowing when to they need to step in and when they shouldn’t be threatening paying customers for doing nothing wrong. As the BANDS personal security, they do represent the band. If it was my security and I found out, I would absolutely fire them.

I didn’t pay for a scalped ticket, $500 is the face value. I’m not delusional, you’re delusional for thinking it’s ever ok to accept being treated like that. You’re the least relevant person to this post. Gtfo

I’m more than happy to post pictures of the bands security head & the jackass that harassed me for my spot. If I had filmed him (security head) head on while speaking with him, I’m sure he probably would’ve insisted on throwing me out. It was a no-win situation. And it sucks because it was my first stones concert and it will be my last (could be the last for the whole world, you never know).
ALWAYS film when you're in a confrontation. You got shafted anyway. At least you could have made his life miserable afterwards. If need be film without him knowing it, or use the voice recorder app. This scumbucket and his boss are clearly drunk with power. And yes, their behavior as the band's security rubs off on the band who hired them.

This is why I stopped going to U2 shows. The way ticketmaster sells tickets and resells them makes it next to impossible for ordinary fans to get a decent ticket at the nominal price. When GA tickets sell out with 10 minutes and I see ticketmaster's resale site offer them for 2, 3 times the original value the system is broken and I am not going to play that game. And since U2 does nothing to stop this practice (they used to, once in the 80's) that rubs off on them in my opinion.

Last edited:
ALWAYS film when you're in a confrontation. You got shafted anyway. At least you could have made his life miserable afterwards. If need be film without him knowing it, or use the voice recorder app. This scumbucket and his boss are clearly drunk with power. And yes, their behavior as the band's security rubs off on the band who hired them.

This is why I stopped going to U2 shows. The way ticketmaster sells tickets and resells them makes it next to impossible for ordinary fans to get a decent ticket at the nominal price. When GA tickets sell out with 10 minutes and I see ticketmaster's resale site offer them for 2, 3 times the original value the system is broken and I am not going to play that game. And since U2 does nothing to stop this practice (they used to, once in the 80's) that rubs off on them in my opinion.
Totally agree with this. Just DON'T support and DON'T buy them tickets at these stupid prices. Only stupid people will lay down so much money for a concert; you wouldn't want to be one of them nor risk to find yourself in their company...

Maybe you missed the part where I mention he’s the bands personal head of security?
No that part was not lost on me, and my statement still stands. They cannot possibly have that (a systematic criminal enterprise) going on and the people responsible for it happening having not taken adequate measures to ensure it doesn't get back to the band aka their employers.

Honestly, man.

Call the cops, whining here about the univerally seedy underworld of touring rock concert black marketeering is pissing in the wind.

No that part was not lost on me, and my statement still stands. They cannot possibly have that (a systematic criminal enterprise) going on and the people responsible for it happening having not taken adequate measures to ensure it doesn't get back to the band aka their employers.

Honestly, man.

Call the cops, whining here about the univerally seedy underworld of touring rock concert black marketeering is pissing in the wind.

I agree that it’s probably not something the band is aware of (hopefully). Still, this clearly shouldn’t be going on at such a high profile show. I don’t see how making a thread here about a legitimately terrible concert experience should be frowned upon. I mean, realistically, aren’t most forum threads “pissing in the wind?”

I agree that it’s probably not something the band is aware of (hopefully). Still, this clearly shouldn’t be going on at such a high profile show. I don’t see how making a thread here about a legitimately terrible concert experience should be frowned upon. I mean, realistically, aren’t most forum threads “pissing in the wind?”
Not frowned upon at all, just noting the inherent futility.

I’ve been to a U2 GA. The fans have that stupid check in system where you get in a unofficial line 3 days before the show. Then the unofficial line somehow always becomes the real line. At least the bands employees aren’t forcefully putting people at the front.

Dude it’s the lounge, people can post about whatever they want. The guy got shafted by the band security, give him a break. Imagine you went to your favorite bands show and were treated like that. You’d be pissed too. Your statement doesn’t stand for anything except your lack of sympathy.
Never said they couldn't post about whatever they want, and no, I am not sympathetic.

Lounge or not, it's a pointless tantrum. Nothing in the original post that was given to starting a conversation, just a whinging rant.

Therefore my reaction to the open ended thread is a realistic counterpoint. I'm not about to pat him on the back for not simply walking away fron the entire situation and moving on with his life. If he can cry up a storm about a security guy and an old lady and his not getting the piece of rail that he wanted, then I get to say what I want, too. He brought it here to the open forum. Neither he nor you get to decide in advance what course a conversation will take.

So, how about you take a lesson from that and let it go, or at least first ask yourself for what possible reason you have to self appoint yourself his pro bono attorney in the matter or what you hoped yo accomplish. If you want to give him a chat hug, by all means, go right ahead. You don't get tell me what I can and cannot say in reply. I was not abusive. I didn't devolve into ad hominem attacks. I simply stated my opinion. The fact that you don't like it interests me not at all. Feel free to click on my name and ignore me if you can't handle it.

Back
Top Bottom