Rolling Rack Rig

gdgross

Experienced
Wow look at that alliteration...

I've been flying a bit with my axe-II rig, which is really just the axe-II. I have it mounted in a Gator shallow rack, with the axe on the bottom and a power strip mounted on the top rear rail. when travelling, I also stuff my Liquid Foot JR+ pedalboard and one pedal in there for ease of transport. When I fly, I try to keep it as light and portable as possible: I bring one guitar, plug straight into the PA and just use a house monitor, etc. The rack gets heavy to carry through an airport without a cart.

Any rolling racks (4U) that people use with the axe-II and like? I'd like to keep it to roughly the same size as the gator shallow, maybe a tad deeper, since the axe-II hangs off the back side just a bit. The gator shallow 4U fits in overhead bins pretty well, so I don't want to get much larger than that... Rear rails would be nice, to include my power strip, but not strictly necessary, I could mount something else in there to manage the power.

Thanks!
Geoff

Yeah, I've carried it on several times. Sometimes I have issues trying to carry both the guitar and the rack though. This last trip I just checked the guitar. Was trying to go to the gate and just have them gate check it but there was an especially annoying airport worker who wouldn't even let me into the terminal with both the rack and the guitar.

The 4U seems to do fine in overhead bins though. It's just a bit heavy with the pedalboard in there too, so I'm thinking I might want to start rolling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back
Top Bottom