Roland FC-300

I was wondering if i could power the FC-300 via the 7 pin phatom power in the axe-fx. DO i need to use the rocktron 7-5 adapter or something to that affect?

Thanks!

LogicVG said:
I was wondering if i could power the FC-300 via the 7 pin phatom power in the axe-fx. DO i need to use the rocktron 7-5 adapter or something to that affect?

Thanks!

I believe I have read about someone using the adapter but I'm not sure exactly where the post is. I'm using a BOSS AC adapter myself.

I resume this thread ...

for all the FC-300 users ... how can you set up the Axe FX ? What kind of assignment you did ?

Personally, I set up:

- CTL 1: delay on / off
- CTL 2: drive on / off
- PEDAL 1: whammy
- PEDAL 1 SW: pitch on / off
- PEDAL 2: wah wah
- PEDAL 2 SW: wah on / off

And you ???

Hi . I just got my FC-300 and it's my first encounter with midi controllers and please excuse me if my questions are noobish.

The way i want to use it with my AXE ULTRA is :

I want to save patches on it and use itthe same way tou use a guitar procesor. EXAMPLE : bank 1 , pedal 1 -strat clean , pedal 2- strat crunch , pedal 3 - strat chorus , pedal 4 - strat lead
bank 2 - PRS clean , PRS Rhytm , PRS Lead etc

I noticed that in standard Mode it allows me to navigate to all the ULTRA presets until 127 . That means i have to save all my sounds i like on the ULTRA to be in the first 126 presets, and that gives me a real headache. Is there a way , for example , to save patch 1 on the FRACTAl to bank1-pedal1, patch 32 - bank 1 pedal 2 , patch 46 - bank 1 pedal 3 and so on ???

Also, i want to set up my expression pedals as follows 1 : always a volume pedal , 2 - the patch pedal ( wah , whammy etc ) ?

Thanks for all the help

BEst Regards !

hi Alex ! :p

"... I noticed that in standard Mode it allows me to navigate to all the ULTRA presets until 127 ..."

this is not true: you can send to Axe FX the "MSB" and "LSB" you want to navigate between Bank A, Bank B and Bank C (see page 53 of the FC-300 manual).

You can change the "MSB" number under "Utility --> MIDI: Bank Select" ... with "MSB 0" you'll recall presets from Bank A, with "MSB 1" you'll recall presets from Bank B and with "MSB 2" you'll recall presets from Bank C

I resume this thread ...

for all the FC-300 users ... how can you set up the Axe FX ? What kind of assignment you did ?

Personally, I set up:

- CTL 1: delay on / off
- CTL 2: drive on / off
- PEDAL 1: whammy
- PEDAL 1 SW: pitch on / off

And you ???

My setup:

- CTL 1: Amp 1 on / off
- CTL 2: Amp 2 on / off
- PEDAL 1: Volume

- CC 1: Drive 1
- CC 2: Drive 2
- CC 3: Delay 1
- CC 4: Delay 2
- CC 5: Tap Tempo

Do you find a lag when changing patches?

I'm getting into deeper FC-300 programming because I'm controlling more devices than the Axe-Fx alone, all at the same time.

Yes I found a lag between changing patches in Patch Mode. The lag happens when going from a patch with a clean amp to another with a distorted amp. But there is no lag when going from a distorted amp patch to a clean amp patch.

Switching on and off fx inside of a patch - by using the CTL pedals - does not produce any lag at all, even as "switching one for another" (using midi streams).

Back
Top Bottom