Roland FC-300 and GORDIUS Little Giant Module

lucbl3

I'm doing some research before i buy an Axefx, and i need a MIDI controller with toe buttons on the expression pedals! But The FC-300 is very limited in CC messages (only in CC mode you can have more of them). The question is simple: With the GORDIUS Little Giant Module, can i "Program" the function of each pedal on the FC-300? Can i make it more flexible?

xrist04 said:
You might want to ask this question over at the Gordius user group board (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GORDIUS/).
Indeed, xrist04, I'm monitoring the Gordius forum more frequently than this one.
xrist04 said:
I think the Little Giant Module is really intended for use with the Behringer FCB-1010, but maybe someone there knows it better than I do.
Actually today there is a close integration between Little Giant (Module and floorboard) and 3 third party controllers : Behringer FCB1010, Roland FC200 and Roland FC300.
lucbl3 said:
With the GORDIUS Little Giant Module, can i "Program" the function of each pedal on the FC-300? Can i make it more flexible?
Yes, you can turn the FC300 into a "remote control" for the LittleGiant, so each pedal can have all the flexibility of a LittleGiant switch. Also, you can for instance display the LG2 preset name (and thus the Axe-FX preset name) on the FC-300 display. There's a picture of that in section 7.1 of the user manual ( http://www.gordius.be/LG_usermanual_v2_5.pdf )

lucbl3 said:
I'm doing some research before i buy an Axefx, and i need a MIDI controller with toe buttons on the expression pedals! But The FC-300 is very limited in CC messages (only in CC mode you can have more of them). The question is simple: With the GORDIUS Little Giant Module, can i "Program" the function of each pedal on the FC-300? Can i make it more flexible?
You might consider waiting for the "official" release of Fractal's MFC101 controller... single unit versus two and will be cheaper than an FC300/Little Giant combination.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks :D !!
I was considering to get a MFC-101, but it doesn't come with an expression pedal, and there is no external expression pedal with toe button (which is essential! I really need it)
So i think FC-300 and Little Gordius Module is the best for me!

:shock: COOL!! Didn't know about them :oops:
Will "Mission Pedals" work with the MFC-101? I mean, let's say that i want to hook up a mission pedal (SP-1) with the MFC-101 to control wah. If i understood, there's 2 outputs in the SP-1 (one for the expression and one for the toe button itself), so when controlling wah, i'd just step in the toe button and it would be ready to use!

Is this correct?

Yes it is correct.
However you don't need toe switch by all means to trigger wah from AxeFX,
there's "auto engage" feature within AxeFx for effect like wah etc, you step on a pedal and it's on.

Yes i knew of this possibility!
However i'm much more used to press a button in the wah to use it. I'm coming from Boss Gt-10, which i had wah and Univibe effects in my expression pedal. Then i turned them on with the expression toe button!
It's nice to have the 2 possibilities though :D

By the way, when MFC101 is going to be released?

lucbl3 said:

That's a million $ question but latest info was in 30-60 days.
However there are massive waiting lists at Fractal office and other distributors,
not sure how many shipments would take to clear waiting lists.

Muris_Varajic said:
lucbl3 said:

However there are massive waiting lists at Fractal office and other distributors,

These are not so good news =/
I'm getting my Ultra in september, maybe october, so i hope 'till then the waiting lists are cleared up! :)

lucbl3 said:
Muris_Varajic said:
lucbl3 said:

These are not so good news =/
I'm getting my Ultra in september, maybe october, so i hope 'till then the waiting lists are cleared up! :)

Fingers crossed! ;)

Back
Top Bottom