Roland EV5 expression pedal calibration error

Pa5calG

Hi all

I recently purchased a Fractal AX8 and it's killer.
Totally loving the unit.

I have discovered an issue when using a Roland EV5 expression pedal.
When I calibrate the pedal, the minimum reads as 0 and the maximum reads as 94 (when it should be 100).
When I move the wheel on the side is goes from minimum 84 to maximum 98 so this won't help either.

I have tried this with other Roland EV5 pedals and the results are the same.

I have also tested this on the Fractal Axe 2 and even though when calibrating an expression pedal, it doesn't have a numeric system for minimum or maximum as the AX8, I still cannot get the pedal to go to 100.
This is when the Roland EV5 is plugged directly into the back of the Fractal Axe 2.

Is there a way to set the minimum and maximum of any expression pedal.
As far as I can tell, when calibrating an external expression pedal, it only sees the pedal and shows the corresponding value of its values.

All the best

I just calibrated my EV5's last week and they seem to work just fine?

Did you calibrate them under the setup - I/O - Pedal - Pedal1 CAL

Once you've calibrated you have to remember to press enter not exit, otherwise they don't calibrate (I did test that :D )

Jens

Hi all

I recently purchased a Fractal AX8 and it's killer.
Totally loving the unit.

I have discovered an issue when using a Roland EV5 expression pedal.
When I calibrate the pedal, the minimum reads as 0 and the maximum reads as 94 (when it should be 100).
When I move the wheel on the side is goes from minimum 84 to maximum 98 so this won't help either.

I have tried this with other Roland EV5 pedals and the results are the same.

I have also tested this on the Fractal Axe 2 and even though when calibrating an expression pedal, it doesn't have a numeric system for minimum or maximum as the AX8, I still cannot get the pedal to go to 100.
This is when the Roland EV5 is plugged directly into the back of the Fractal Axe 2.

Is there a way to set the minimum and maximum of any expression pedal.
As far as I can tell, when calibrating an external expression pedal, it only sees the pedal and shows the corresponding value of its values.

All the best
A lot of times, things like this happen because somewhere else, maybe a global setting or something else is restricting complete operation.
I've been using my EV5, I never calibrated it because I can see that the functions I assign it to, all work right 0-100, that's really all that matters, I think. If you assign it to a volume pedal does it adjust the volume 0-100? If it does, then it's doing what you need, right?

when you say it does not go to 100, are you still in the calibration screen? If so hit enter and then go and assign it to a modifier and see what the little ball on the modifier graph does. The whole reason to calibrate the expression pedals is for the pedal to move the modifier to go to 100, it does not matter what the pedal itself goes to.

Just for clarification: The calibration screen ALWAYS shows the raw input from the pedal; NOT the calibrated input.

Thanks for the help.
All working now.
Not sure what happened but it must have been a total mind blip on my behalf.
I'm back on track.
You're all super cool.

Hi @Pa5cal, just got my AX8 last monday. Newbie in this forum (from yesterday). Last night i was testing to calibrate the Roland EV-5 with the AX8 and got the same problem as you with the input value. Google it and it's take me right to this thread. Btw the range i've got is 0 - 98. Tried to calibrate a dozen times just to make sure and it's still not reaching 100.

When i'm using it to controll the WAH block it's sound ok (or at least i think it was ok), but the biggest problem is when i'm using on VOLUME block. When the block is ENGAGE my volume is lower than when it's OFF (Bypass).

I already read all the reply above (and try every suggestion) and still i'm not finding any answer that can fix my problem.

So what did you do to fix this problem?

Back
Top Bottom