Roland Cube IR Capture Help Needed ASAP

DFauvre

Inspired
End goal is to make the pieso in my Parker Fly sound similar to, as good as or better, than it does through my Roland Cube Street Ex amp. The pieso sounds fantastic going into the 2nd input on the Roland with the input set to 'mic'. The cabinet of the Roland is a big part of the tone. See photo. It has 2 x 8in speakers and 2 tweeters.

1. I have already done a Tone Match from the Line Out of the Roland. Didn't do much to get the same tone.
2. Attempted an IR capture and did it a few times exactly as instructed and is very muffled. Used and SM57.

Is there someone out there who knows how to capture the Roland tone and get into the Axe?

I need it for a session by MONDAY!!! Will pay $100 to anyone on Skype tomorrow who can make this work.

David

I imagine the problem is the mic being used - with 2 x 8in and 2 x tweeters the SM57 is not capturing this authentically.

You probably need some sort of condensor/room mic to capture the amp fully.

You might also try micing both the 8in and tweeter, or even all four, running them into a mixer, and then back into the Axe for IR capture.

I don't have the exact answer to your question, but let me tell you what I did on my Helix that would likely also work on the AxeFX.

My basic chain is an LA Studio Compressor (on/off - adjust to taste), a studio tube preamp model (I assume Axe has something similar) and a free Taylor 314ce IR I downloaded from a link on The Gear Page. I assigned a footswitch to turn the IR on and off so I can switch between the straight piezo sound and the IR. The IR does a pretty good job (forget which mic I went with).

I did add other effects to the chain for use when needed: chorus, digital delay, a lead boost, a 10 band eq for easy call up if needed, plate reverb and maybe something else.....

It works well with the Parker and I can go between piezo and magnetic pickups using guitar amp blocks and cover lots of ground. If I want to go the next step, I can split the Parker output into stereo and set up a patch with the piezo chain completely separate from the mag pickup chain and then use either or mix to taste.

Back
Top Bottom