Roger Waters - The Wall

Going to see one of my all time favorite bands music live for the first time tonight in Austin. Color me stoked. To be honest, I'm more of a Gilmour devotee (for reasons beyond him being the guitarist), but I knew that the opportunities to see any Pink Floyd music live by original band members were about to dry up. I love The Wall, but I'd probably rank it about about 5th on my PF favorite albums list. Nonetheless, I'm expecting to get blown away by this production. I actually started listening to it a lot more in the past few months after I got the Pink Floyd Discovery Remasters box set at Christmas, and it still stands up after all these years.

I'm trying to talk the wife into going to the Minneapolis show, but tickets are pretty spendy. $219.36 for a single floor seat... balcony is still $150/ticket.

I'm trying to talk the wife into going to the Minneapolis show, but tickets are pretty spendy. $219.36 for a single floor seat... balcony is still $150/ticket.

That is more than I paid. I got the second cheapest tickets which came out to around $90 - $95 after fees.

If the other PF guys were there, I'd have bought better ones.

We ponied up for the VIP package, just to make sure we could get close. I go to a lot of shows, usually 10+ a year and most of the shows we go to are in the $50-100 range, but with these big tours it's either nosebleeds, scalpers (unofficial) or the official scalpers, aka, iloveallaccess in this case. I can only afford this for one or two tours per year and I could really not care less about the swag, but getting good seats is important to us. Otherwise, I would just skip the tour and get the DVD later. I would give my left kidney if I could see the remaining members of PF tour with a career spanning set list, but that's just not going to happen. Zeppelin will tour before they do.

You wont be dissapointed whatever the price. It is an AMAZING show!!!! GO!

Yes it's pricey!! I pay something like 300€ for the VIP package but I am not sorry for what I pay!

I would have really loved to have seen them all together before Richard died. Without him I just don't think that it's that big a deal if it happened now.

Sounds like a really cool show though. Have a great time.

I would have really loved to have seen them all together before Richard died. Without him I just don't think that it's that big a deal if it happened now.

Sounds like a really cool show though. Have a great time.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to two of the shows on the European tour last year and both nights were amazing.
Get tickets while you can, I can't imagine you regretting it.
RB

Last edited:
I saw the other three sans Roger in Dallas on the Division Bell tour. Had to fly there from Memphis.

I saw Roger in Chicago on the In The Flesh tour. Had to fly there from Memphis.

I was for sure gonna see Roger do The Wall live this time. I abide in Austin now. Didn't have to pay for a plane ticket for once. :)

I love my new city.

Last edited:
Aight, with some shmoozing I convinced my wife it'll be amazing. We're 15th row, dead center on the floor in Minneapolis!

Aight, with some shmoozing I convinced my wife it'll be amazing. We're 15th row, dead center on the floor in Minneapolis!

You are going to love it!!! There really isn't a bad seat for this show. It's massive. In fact, I have seen many reviews stating that 3/4 the way back is the way to go to take it all in. I had really great seats much like yours and was thrilled. I know you will be too! I see they are coming back through town here again (an LA perk) in a couple weeks. Might just have to go again darn it! :) Sadly though this one is at the outdoor colliseum which won't be nearly as nice as the Staples Center show IMO.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! I saw the show in Oct 2010 in Minneapolis and it was an fantastic piece of musical theater; intense, powerful visuals and the band/sound was amazing. I always rail at ticket prices but I felt this one was easily worth it. State of the art projection technology and Roger is able to present the Wall live as he always wanted it...it's pretty much the best concert/live show I've ever been too.

I'm going to see it in Winnipeg next month...outdoors it'll be great...

I remember staying in line at the LA Forum overnight for tix to The Who "some time ago" :) and being OUTRAGED that the prices increased from $5.50 a seat to $7.50!

:roll

Back
Top Bottom