• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

ROD: The All Analog Studio Amplifier of the future...

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Digitally controlled analog amps are not new. I found them preferable to modelers 20 years ago. But not today.

mistermikev

Experienced
i saw this and immediately thought "and what would distinguish your amp from the black widow tube preamp?". I guess the fact that you have the power tubes in there? find the synergy stuff to be more interesting to me.

TG3K

Power User
If I was launching a new audio product, I'd sure try to have demo videos that sounded better than the ones on that site. Sounded like a singer with his mouth full of marshmallows. With a bit of tweaking to the PEQ I suspect I could get my Axe-Fx to sound as "moofy" as the ROD.

Smittefar

Axe-Master
This makes no sense to me.

You get all the issues and weight with tubes and a fiddly digital interface. Seems like the worst of both worlds to me.

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
At least have a demo in a properly treated room and miked competently.

Here's a nearly $5K USD amp with a killer player in the worst reflective office ever miked with an IPhone 3GS based on the sound quality. No wonder they didn't sell a ton of these either:

Top Bottom