Rocktron Velocity to power atomic wedge?

KyleUMF

Inspired
I just got the rocktron velocity 300 and love it, sounds amazing playing through my marshall cab, but i really would like to use the axe-fx DI for live sound and was wondering any thoughts about using the velocity300 to power a passive atomic wedge.... anyone ever done this? this way if there is a show i play where no option to go DI with the axe-fx i can just use the velocity300 to power my cab and turn the cab sims off with ease and still have a good tone.

I have a powered Atomic cab and a pair of passive wedges. I use the Velocity to power the wedges and run DI to FOH for live shows. I think it sounds just as good as the powered cab.

Bought the powered cab when it first came out. I decided that the wedge would work better for most of my gigs since I use them for monitoring and run direct to FOH. They are lighter than the powered ones and I can decide whether to run mono or stereo depending on the size stage we are playing. I kept the powered cab in case I couldn't run FOH and needed something that looked more like a real amp/cab. Also, I never seem to get rid of any of my old gear. I've still got 2 of the older Atomic Reactors 212 50w. Should probably sell them since I don't use them anymore.

Have you ever had any issue with feedback using the the passive wedges? I do run a very high gain setup through the axe-fx but dont seem to ever have a problem with feedback when I run through my marshall, should I expect any type of issues going throught he wedge?

Back
Top Bottom