Rocktron Velocity 300 ..... any users here ? ..... if so ..... a few quick questions .....

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

Looking to set up a secondary rig with

A local 2nd hand store has a Rocktron Velocity 300 in stock - %100 working fine .... 2 x 75w stereo @ 8 ohm or 150w bridged mono @ 8 ohm is more than enough for me ...... so looking for some advice / opinions:-

-> is it Class AB -or- Class D ..... ? ..... [ I *think* (?) its Class AB ]

-> can the " Reactance " control be turned " fully off " ? ...... [ apparently when the Definiton is at 0 its fully off .... but apparently when the Reactance is at 0 it is at its " minimum " (?) so I presume its still in the circuit ]

-> is running the Reactance at 0 [ on its miniumum ] an issue in terms of tone impact ?

-> how is it in terms of flatness / trasparency / non-colorizing the tone ?

Many thanks in advance.

Ben

It's been a long time but from what I can remember that amp doesn't sound all that great. I'm guessing your going to be using guitar cabs? To me it sounded lifeless no matter where you turned the knobs I owned it for all of about an hour and it went back out on ebay.

Personally I would look elsewhere for a power amp, if money is an issue Carvin is a good place to start there are even some guys here that use Behringer power amps with good results. I used to use an ART SLA 200, great little power amp foe the money even though it's not really meant to be used in that manner. You can find them used for a pretty good deal.

I'd also vote to go with something else. Even if you grabbed the EHX magnum 44 and used that for awhile before getting something better. That would at least make a great backup power amp too.

Back
Top Bottom