Rocktron Midimate v1.x's Ten IA Controller Mode

DJD100

Power User
I've recently learned thanks to "ipressthebutton" that there's an older Midimate version that allows 10 IA's in Controller Mode, so I contacted Rocktron and ordered the v1 firmware EEPROM for $20 plus $5 shipping (lower 48, USA). The Midimate's EEPROM is socketed, so replacment is easy by just taking static precautions and putting it in facing the correct direction etc.

Contact Rocktron's Technical Support if this interests you...

http://www.rocktron.com/contactus.php

Yes, Midimate v1 does all patch in bank/instant mode, and 10 IA in controller mode, while v2 does all patch in bank/instant mode and 5 patch and 5 IA in controller mode. As I understand it there are many more v2's out there than v1's (like mine was), so I was glad to find that I could down-grade mine back to v1 as I'm more interested in the 10 IA's with the Axe.

Galo said:
V1.x can only do all Patch or all CC...as far as I know.
adios

Thanks for the post DJD100,
My old Rocktron Midi Mate v1.2 finally died and I bought a used newer (version 2) online. I couldn't stand that I could only do 5 IA changes in controller mode. E-mailed rocktron regarding getting the function of 10 IA changes in controller mode. They said the only way is as you said downgrade the eproms to version 1.2. So I also changed out the eproms on my new midimate. I really like having access to changing 10 effects on/off. Five is no way enough for me. It is very tricky lining up all the components when re-assembling the Midimate. But it is a lot easier to take appart and re-assemble the new one than the old version. I actually just pulled the two eproms out of my old unit and put them in the new one. Close attention to assemble in the same direction as you said. All works perfect now and I got the nice blue light in controller mode now :)

********Warning if you aren't technically savy or good with taking things apart and re-assembling don't even try this one. You gotta have patient hands or forget about doing this mod.

Back
Top Bottom