ROCKTRON MIDIMATE EXPRESSION PEDAL ISN'T RECOGNIZED BY AX-FX

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi, I just received my a AX FX and Midi Mate today. Watched the You Tube video for setting up the Midi Mate up From 0ddb0d. The off set and other controls on the Midi Mate work great. One issue, I have a DOD VCC1 expression pedal that works in the AX FX directly, but I can't get the interface with the Midimate expression input to play nice withe AX FX. I reversed the cables for the polarity change. When I get to Midi Mate PEDC ,I scrolled to from off to 1. The PEDL assignment sweeps from O to 100 so the midimate reads it but the AX FX external 1 pedal setting for wah wah setting stays locked. is there a setting on either unit that I'm missing? As the video skipped this step can anyone walk me through it? Thanks

Re: ROCKTRON MIDIMATE EXPRESSION PEDAL ISN'T RECOGNIZED BY A

Did you:

1. Choose a CC# for the pedal (PEDL setting in edit menu of the Midimate) for the preset(s) you want to use it on,

2. Set one of the 8 Externals on the Axe-FX (I/O menu) to that same #,

3. Attach the external to wah freq. in the preset?

If you set "Wahwah 1 BYP" to "1" in the I/O menu, change that to "none" (or some random number that's hopefully not in use) for now. That's only for bypassing the wah and generally not what you'd want happening when moving the pedal.

Hi Bakerman : the midi light on the AXFX lights green everytime I sweep the pedal so I believe it is receiving the info. The wa just stays on full treble no matter what i do :x

1. you can't pick a CC# in the PEDL only the the PEDC . The PEDL sweeps the pedal the rate from 0 to 120 when rocking the pedal.
2. I Set the PEDC AND the controller in I/O to CC#2 of the Externals on the Axe-FX (I/O menu/ controller) to that same CC# 2. Tried the external 1 INIT value option in I/O of 0% or 100% no difference

3. When I attach the external 1 to wah freq. it engages full treble but will not sweep. ALSO in I/O >PEDAL>Pedal CAL it will not calibrate, like it does out of the AX FX external pedal input directly (after reversing the polarity of course).

I hope I'm making sense, if not let me know Thanks

PEDC is the channel the pedal transmits on. That needs to be the same as the channel the Axe-FX is set to.

PEDL is the actual CC# transmitted. You can adjust that per preset on the Midimate. Press the 0/1 buttons at that screen to set it. What's displayed when you move the pedal is the actual value (not the CC#) and is just a way to confirm the pedal's working or what values are going out. The CC# is what needs to match the External setting on the Axe-FX.

I'm having the same problem. I had my MidiMate and expression pedal working perfectly...until recently. I don't know if it has to do with having just upgraded my firmware to 10.02 or its just coincidence.

The PedalC on the MidiMate is set to 16, External1 on the AxeFx is set to 16, the MidiMate shows the expression pedal's sweep, and the AxeFx's MIDI LED lights up when it sweeps. But it no longer works on any of the patches that I've had setup to use it as a wah or volume pedal. They are still set to External1 but the value doesn't change when I rock the pedal. These patches have all been working for months and I haven't edited them.

PEDC = pedal channel, and needs to be the same as "MIDI CHANNEL" in the Axe-FX I/O menu. Or if Axe-FX is set to OMNI, any PEDC # will work.

There's a separate value called PEDL, which can vary per preset on the Midimate. That's the CC# and it needs match what you've set for you've set for some External in the I/O menu in order to control that external.

PEDC is in the "Midi channels" portion of the Midimate edit mode. PEDL is in "Controller assignment".

Back
Top Bottom