Rocktron Midi Raider?

simeon

Axe-Master
i'm thinking about this unit, as i've had my yamaha mfc10 for years now and i'm worried it's coming to the end of it's lifespan. it still works, so i'll keep it as a backup. looking at the raider, it's compatible with my way of working, which is 10 patch select and 5 instant access. i'm just wondering whether it will pick up on the axe fx patch names and display them?

I had one as well, it also doesn't pick up the state of the effects to show whether a block is on or off. I eventually sold it and bit the bullet for a MFC-101 and never looked back. You should get one :) They are built like a tank and work so beautifully with the Axe.

i'm not sure that would necessarily be a problem for me, my current board doesn't do that either.

the price is the main factor, but also i'm used to working a certain way - 10 patches per bank, plus 5 ia switches tied to external controllers for switching stuff on and off within a preset. i don't use scenes. can the MFC operate like that? (too lazy to read the whole manual, sorry)

i'm not sure that would necessarily be a problem for me, my current board doesn't do that either.

the price is the main factor, but also i'm used to working a certain way - 10 patches per bank, plus 5 ia switches tied to external controllers for switching stuff on and off within a preset. i don't use scenes. can the MFC operate like that? (too lazy to read the whole manual, sorry)

Yes, the MFC can work like that. In fact, that is exactly how I use mine. 10 preset per banks and 5 IA switches (7 IA switches actually). Then if I hit reveal I can use the other 10's for IA's as well (which is what I do when I want to use scenes).
-
Austin

i'm thinking about this unit, as i've had my yamaha mfc10 for years now and i'm worried it's coming to the end of it's lifespan. it still works, so i'll keep it as a backup. looking at the raider, it's compatible with my way of working, which is 10 patch select and 5 instant access. i'm just wondering whether it will pick up on the axe fx patch names and display them?

I've had my Yamaha MFC10 for years too and am not worried about it all. Very reliable and built well and works great with my Axe-Fx Standard.. It still appears to be available new in the uk at around £240 doing a quick net search, so if you like working the way you used to and don't need any new features and price is a consideration, then another possible option is to just get a new second one.

Back
Top Bottom