Rocktron Midi Raider vs. GCP?

hows everyones midi raider? im thinking of buying one and just seeing if its broke down on anyone yet. its still brand new basically

Mine's been working great since I got the switch replaced. No issues to report at all, great unit.

The two quirks I've found are: Once in awhile when I first power it up, it will default back to the 15 presets per bank setting, even though I set it to 5 presets/10 IAs. When I go into set up and reset it to 5 presets, it's fine though- all my saved settings (ie. patch names, IA on/off states) are still there, so it's really not a big deal. The other quirk is related to the polarity of the expression pedal ports. For whatever reason, I had to switch the polarity around on my Utopia expression pedal to get it to work, but once I did, it works perfectly. My other pedal is a Mission EP1 with the polarity switch mod, so I just set that to the setting that worked correctly, and it was good to go too.

So, two thumbs up from me, it's a great controller with a lot of features and value, especially for the price!

Just an FYI-Jim said the pedal is wired backwards. IOW-a mistake-The polarity does not need to be reversed. I'll bet if you check the switch on the mission it will be in the "normal" mode. If I was you I would ask for an exchange on the utopia pedal

Last edited:
Mine's been working great since I got the switch replaced. No issues to report at all, great unit.

The two quirks I've found are: Once in awhile when I first power it up, it will default back to the 15 presets per bank setting, even though I set it to 5 presets/10 IAs. When I go into set up and reset it to 5 presets, it's fine though- all my saved settings (ie. patch names, IA on/off states) are still there, so it's really not a big deal. The other quirk is related to the polarity of the expression pedal ports. For whatever reason, I had to switch the polarity around on my Utopia expression pedal to get it to work, but once I did, it works perfectly. My other pedal is a Mission EP1 with the polarity switch mod, so I just set that to the setting that worked correctly, and it was good to go too.

So, two thumbs up from me, it's a great controller with a lot of features and value, especially for the price!

hmm that sounds like it could turn on you during a show or somthin. any chance you could email rocktron and see if they can fix it or possibly just an easy fix you could do? then ide be more willing to buy it and you get it fixed. so a win for all of us haha.

So far so good with my Raider. I've had no issues and I really like the feel of the buttons.
I've also found it really easy to program, although I've never had any other midi controller so I have nothing to compare it to.

I have a question for Raider owners...
It looks like it would be a really tight fit to get this in a 2U drawer...Can anyone with both a Raider and a 2U rack drawer see if the Raider will fit?
If so, what brand of drawer do you have?

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom