Rocktron Midi Raider soft-switch mod?

Valhalla

Hey gang, I'm seriously considering picking up a Rocktron Midi Raider, but I prefer silent switches. Would anyone know if a swap out is (fairly) easy to do? Thanks!

I did a quick search to look of pictures of the inside but I couldn't find any.

Most likely each row of switches is mounted on a PCB... So finding silent switches that would match the PCB could be a challenge.

And then there's the actual work of removing the existing switches from the PCB and soldering new ones in place.

Doesn't sound easy to me...

Thanks for the reply unix. The reason I thought it might be possible is, I have installed a soft switch on my POG2, the one that scrolls through the presets. It was a breeze, just two solder points., no need to mess around w/ the pcb. Doing same w Raider (or legacy LF) might have been a fun project.

Thanks for the reply unix. The reason I thought it might be possible is, I have installed a soft switch on my POG2, the one that scrolls through the presets. It was a breeze, just two solder points., no need to mess around w/ the pcb. Doing same w Raider (or legacy LF) might have been a fun project.
Yeah... Without seeing the inside it's hard to know.

The Ground Control Pro and MFC-101 both use PCBs..since they are similar form factor I'm assuming, but you never know.

Interesting about the MFC-101. Being that my Axe is a XL II+, I'm leaning heavily to picking up an MFC mk III while they're still available. Probably the best midi solution at my budget. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom