Rocktron Midi Mate

mogvinda

Inspired
Hello

I'm considering a Rocktron Midi Mate.

I don't really understand the whole midi thing too well and was hoping someone can help. I want to be able to do the following:

- Move between presets (either up/down or manually set a few patches to some of the buttons)
- Move between scenes on whichever preset I'm on
- Work with my existing expression pedal
- Not have to spend a week programming the thing

I would ideally like to be able to switch stomps on/off but this is not so important and I can use scenes for this.

Can anyone say if the above are achievable with the Midi Mate?

Thanks

I have one but didn't set it up yet.
there is a great video on youtube concerning the axe+midimate.
You can use the top row for scene shifting, you can use an expression pedal, I just don't know if you can use scenes+stombox, if you can it will be split between the top row of buttons.

Oops - sorry - I usually check around to see if anyone's looking for Midi mate stuff - I used one for quite a while with my Axe, and I think I still have my notes. I used it in controller mode, whereby the bottom 5 buttons would change presets, and the top 5 buttons would access IA's or stomps. If anyone has any questions, i'd be happy to answer. There was another Fractal member who sent me a ton of stuff and I can see if I can find it.....

(Edit- sorry didn't see this is an old thread)

Midimate can do all you mentioned except for scenes. You could switch between scenes 1 and 8 (I think) but that's it.

Also be aware that there are two different firmware versions for the Midimate. One allows 5 effect switches in one row and 5 preset switches in the other. The other firmware does not allow that 5/5 split.

(Edit- sorry didn't see this is an old thread)

Midimate can do all you mentioned except for scenes. You could switch between scenes 1 and 8 (I think) but that's it.

Also be aware that there are two different firmware versions for the Midimate. One allows 5 effect switches in one row and 5 preset switches in the other. The other firmware does not allow that 5/5 split.
You can change the scene.
number from 1 to 4 to change preset (with "2nd" you can change bank in order of 5) and, like i do, you can select scenes using the others nuber from 5 to 9...i use number 9 for tuner, 8 for bypass, 7 scenes up, 6 scenes down

image.php

Oops - sorry - I usually check around to see if anyone's looking for Midi mate stuff - I used one for quite a while with my Axe, and I think I still have my notes. I used it in controller mode, whereby the bottom 5 buttons would change presets, and the top 5 buttons would access IA's or stomps. If anyone has any questions, i'd be happy to answer. There was another Fractal member who sent me a ton of stuff and I can see if I can find it.....
Could you send me it please? I'd like to use the midimate in best way i can :) thanks!

You can change the scene.
number from 1 to 4 to change preset (with "2nd" you can change bank in order of 5) and, like i do, you can select scenes using the others nuber from 5 to 9...i use number 9 for tuner, 8 for bypass, 7 scenes up, 6 scenes down

I should have been more clear. You can change scenes using scene up and down, but you cannot select specific scenes. For example, you cannot select scene 2 and then switch to scene 5. You have to select scene 1, then go up to scene 2, then go up through scenes 3,4 and 5.

I should have been more clear. You can change scenes using scene up and down, but you cannot select specific scenes. For example, you cannot select scene 2 and then switch to scene 5. You have to select scene 1, then go up to scene 2, then go up through scenes 3,4 and 5.
Yes, you could do also that...just assign the number (into axe CTRL option) at the "scene select".
All midi assign, into the axe CTRL, start from number 10; then, you can assign from 1 to 9 others controlls.
In my case, i assigned numer 6 and 7 for the scenes but, i could use also number 5 for scene select.
TFC, scroll into I/O page, CTRL, all MIDI options and there, you can change/assign all midi option at your midi controller.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope it could help ;)

Your English is fine. I forgot about MIDI mapping in the AxeFX.
Yes, the MIDI Mapping! i forgot the correct name.
Inside there, we can change and assign all....it will not be like to have an MFC-101 but, for peoples, like me, that already have a midi controller, it could be a good solution to play it at home

You cannot send a CC# and a value, that's why you cannot do scenes like a normal person. I have been trying this to see if I could get used to it:
1st though, I do not use a ton of presets.
I just use
Yes, you could do also that...just assign the number (into axe CTRL option) at the "scene select".
All midi assign, into the axe CTRL, start from number 10; then, you can assign from 1 to 9 others controlls.
In my case, i assigned numer 6 and 7 for the scenes but, i could use also number 5 for scene select.
TFC, scroll into I/O page, CTRL, all MIDI options and there, you can change/assign all midi option at your midi controller.
Sorry for my bad english, i hope it could help ;)

I am not understanding how midi mapping allows me to use scenes. Scenes need a CC# and a value?
SO I am not seeing how midi mapping helps here...Could someone explain please?

Thanks folks

I/O: MIDI menu, Map Mode = Custom

This allows mapping any PC# to any preset/scene, no scene select CC# required.

I/O: MIDI menu, Map Mode = Custom

This allows mapping any PC# to any preset/scene, no scene select CC# required.
Hey Bakerman
But is the limit 1? I mean if I set Custom Map from preset 10 to map to Scene 2 am I done. Or can I then go thru some others like from Preset 11 map to scene 3, etc, etc. Is this how it works?
Thanks

For those who are still using a midimate, here is what I do. Basically I use the preset 0 as "current" one. When I need a particular preset, I just copy it on the preset "0". Now, on the Axe, I/O, MIDI select MAPPING MODE as "custom". Then:

MAP FROM PRESET 1
MAP TO PRESET 0
MAP TO SCENE 1

Basically the "1" button on the midimate activate the scene 1 on preset 0.

MAP FROM PRESET 2
MAP TO PRESET 0
MAP TO SCENE 2

Basically the "1" button on the midimate activate the scene 2 on preset 0.

Rince and repeat for 8 scenes.

I wish there was more options on the Axe so we could just MAP a PC to switch scenes, that would be more elegant, like :

MAP FROM PRESET 1
MAP TO PRESET -
MAP TO SCENE 1

Would tell the Axe to MAP the PC to just change scene on the current preset.

Back
Top Bottom