Rocktron Midi Mate & Boss EV-30 Help

Abstractsanity

Looking for some help setting up a Boss EV-30 expression pedal with my Rocktron Midi Mate and Axe-fx 2.

I would like to run the pedal through the rocktron instead of having to run a cable all the way back to the axe-fx but I cant seem to get the axe-fx to recognize the pedal through the rocktron. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Abstractsanity

I used a Rocktron Midi Mate with my AxeFX2 for quite a few years. I also ran the expression pedal through the midimate and ran into issues. Took a while to sort out but the long and short is that the midimate is not a 'straight thru' wiring from the Boss expression pedal.

The tip of the rocktron plug is wired to the ring on the Boss pedal plug
The ring of the roctron plug is wired to the sleeve on the Boss pedal plug
The sleeve of the rocktron plug is wired to the tip of the Boss pedal plug

2011-12-26 Rocktron to Boss Pedal.jpg

@Abstractsanity

I used a Rocktron Midi Mate with my AxeFX2 for quite a few years. I also ran the expression pedal through the midimate and ran into issues. Took a while to sort out but the long and short is that the midimate is not a 'straight thru' wiring from the Boss expression pedal.

The tip of the rocktron plug is wired to the ring on the Boss pedal plug
The ring of the roctron plug is wired to the sleeve on the Boss pedal plug
The sleeve of the rocktron plug is wired to the tip of the Boss pedal plug

View attachment 46862
Thanks! There is a switch on EV-30 to switch polarity, would that fix the problem without having to rewire the cable?

Thanks! There is a switch on EV-30 to switch polarity, would that fix the problem without having to rewire the cable?

Unfortunately you'll need to rewire the cable because it's not only the tip and ring that need to be rearranged. The sleeve is also affected.

Just follow the sketch I posted and it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom