Rocktron Mainline 1U power amp

jimosity

I saw a demo video of the Rocktron Mainline and tried searching around for it on different forums and can't seem to find anyone talking about it.
Does anybody know when it'll be available? I've got a Velocity 300, but the way it was described made me think that the Mainline would be more to my liking.

Hey Jim - care to share any specs from that video? At work with no headphones.

Here's the transcript from the video.
"We wanted to have a power amp that had that same feel as a tube amplifier so we've gone beyond our Velocity, which is our thunderous lows, blistering high awesome metal preamp poweramp to the Mainline; which has a circuit that emulates the tube impedance curve to give it that tube amplifier feel. Very believable feel. We've added resonance and presence controls to it and also another feature that's important is we put an instrument level level in there so you don't have to use a separate preamp if you want to go with all pedals, so if you're a pedal guy - use your pedals, switch between your pedals and you can use this amp without anything else - so it's a great little simple, one space rig to power all your pedals or it is a pretty awesome tube sounding power amp to compliment all your other tube preamps.
So here's the back; again it's very similar to the Velocity - basic outputs. The inputs, again we put an instrument level as well as line level - line level is kind of traditional level but the instrument level allows you to use this as a power amp and it's all you need if you use pedals - or if you have an instrument level like a Boss delay that you really love and you wanna go between the preamp and the power amp, you would need the instrument level for that to work. Very flexible, awesome sounding and designed really to compliment the tube guy who's just absolutely needs tube power amp sounding amps and this one really delivers in a big way"

Thanks for doing that! Sounds like an upgraded velocity essentially. Might have to try one out.

I just bought one and returning it. It ran extremely hot; to the point my wife said what is burning in your studio. It also hummed so loud you couldn't hear really anything else.

It was obviously a dude from the factory.

I saw a demo video of the Rocktron Mainline and tried searching around for it on different forums and can't seem to find anyone talking about it.
Does anybody know when it'll be available? I've got a Velocity 300, but the way it was described made me think that the Mainline would be more to my liking.

Anyone else try one of these? Might be a good alternative to the Fryette LXII which may never get released.

Back
Top Bottom