Rocktron Hex Setup Notes - Wah Issue

ruin

mission: get the hex talking to the axe fx uktra through the mfc-101.

solution: followed instructions fromn mfc-101 manual for set up and calibration and proper I/O from axe fx manual.

caveat to using auto detect: using axe fx auto detect assigned the hex to controller 1 as intended but also assigned it to volume. i had to manually unassign the pedal from controlling volume.

problem: in controlling wah effect with the hex i find that the entire controllable range of the effect happens from the pedal being pushed all the way back to about 1/4 of the way through the full motion of the hex. this is not acceptable.

solution: i played with the f min and f max and other parameters to no avail. can anyone offer suggestions on whatn i might do to enable the full back to forward range of the hex?

Got it. Under the FREQ setting (where I had gone before to attach my expression pedal controller), I played with the Start %, the End%, and the Middle%

I lowered the End % to about 80%
I adjusted the Middle % to make the graph look more curvacious rather than having it be a straight line.
I decided on these settings by moving the Hex back and forth while watching the movement on the graph and listening to how the effect was changing.

there's some good info for emulating certain wah brands and models on Yek's wiki: Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Back
Top Bottom