Rocktron All Access set-up Q

bluesmostly

Inspired
Has anyone set up their All Access in the following manner? -

here is what I want it to look like:

11. flange 12. phaser 13. pitch 14. rotary 15. synth

6. drive#1 7. drive #2 8. drive #3 9. delay 10. chorus

1. amp#1 2. amp#2 3. amp #3 4. amp#4 5. amp#5

seems like a pretty standard, straight forward set-up but I have been putting tackling this off for a while and the All Access manual gives me a headache just picking it up. Is this an fairly simple task? I am a pretty bad midiot...

Technically this can work. The All Access can run in 15 IA mode and then you use the bank up/down switches to go to the next/previous patch.

Here's the thing though: the Axe-Fx only supports 2 AMP blocks in a patch so what's amp #3-5 going to do in your setup?

Technically this can work. The All Access can run in 15 IA mode and then you use the bank up/down switches to go to the next/previous patch.

Here's the thing though: the Axe-Fx only supports 2 AMP blocks in a patch so what's amp #3-5 going to do in your setup?

Hi Ian, if I understand you correctly, you see the 15 buttons on the All Access controling 15 different blocks in the Axe Fx, then bank up down to go to the next patch, that would have the same configuration.

What I am hoping to do is have 1-5 (bottom row) on the All Access switching between 5 different patches on the Axe, each with its own set up of blocks that may or may not have all of the different effects listed in 6-15, but the various buttons connected to these effects will turn them on or off. like this set-up (YouTube - ‪Stomplabel New Labels 3 MFC101 Fractal Audio Axe FX‬‏)

the reasoning is that I would be able to do 98% of what I would want without having to move from the first bank. amp # 1 =clean, #2 = crunch, #3 = hi gain, and so on...

so, can switches 1-5 change patches, then 6-15 be used to turn effects on or off?

Absolutely. That's actually how I run it: switches 1-5 changes patches. Switches 6-15 are for instance access to effects.

great! so how easy is it to set up, for a lud like me of course?

also, I hadn't considered that your other idea would work for me as well. instead of having my five amps on the first row with effects on 6-15, I could have one amp per bank and scroll up to access each one, with more room for effects right?

what is tap tempo button?

You set up one of the switches running in IA mode to be non-latching and then you can use it to set the tempo of your effects like delays and such on the fly.

Also: just noticed your handle. Duh! I'm slow on the uptake today. Hiya David!

Absolutely. That's actually how I run it: switches 1-5 changes patches. Switches 6-15 are for instance access to effects.

Is this a relatively simple set up with the All Access? Did you ever get the MFC 101 Ian? I assume it would more user friendly/compatible for this kind of thing.

I'm a blooming M-IDIot who had never touched a MIDI device until last Friday morning. By that night at rehearsal I had the All Access set up this way. I did do my homework before I touched it which helped.

I'm a blooming M-IDIot who had never touched a MIDI device until last Friday morning. By that night at rehearsal I had the All Access set up this way. I did do my homework before I touched it which helped.

thanks 6 String, I guess I'll dig out that manual and take a run at it...

Is this a relatively simple set up with the All Access?

Yup. Press:

2ND to access secondary functions
SETUP to enter setup mode
-> to go to the "bank size" setup function
Set this to "5" using the up/down arrow buttons. Now the first 5 switches access patches, the remaining 10 are instant access switches.

And you're done!

Did you ever get the MFC 101 Ian? I assume it would more user friendly/compatible for this kind of thing.
No MFC yet for me. Still too poor. :(

Yup. Press:

2ND to access secondary functions
SETUP to enter setup mode
-> to go to the "bank size" setup function
Set this to "5" using the up/down arrow buttons. Now the first 5 switches access patches, the remaining 10 are instant access switches.

And you're done!

No MFC yet for me. Still too poor. :(

Is there much functional difference between the two? They look quite similar.

Is there much functional difference between the two? They look quite similar.
Between the MFC and the All Access? Huge. The MFC is a far more capable machine. The surface looks the same because all switches seem alike. :)

Hi Ian, I just saw your comment, I have an All Access and it does everything I've wanted it to do and probably much more. Because of this I've never really looked into the MFC, so could you explain why it is a "far more capable machine"?

Luc

Hi Ian, I just saw your comment, I have an All Access and it does everything I've wanted it to do and probably much more. Because of this I've never really looked into the MFC, so could you explain why it is a "far more capable machine"?

Auto-sync with the Axe-Fx (it'll pull in patch names and effect blocks for automatic IA state mapping)
Named songs in song mode
More IAs thanks to the reveal switch and the 2 expansion pedal jacks on the back
4 expression pedals
CALIBRATION FOR EXPRESSION PEDALS (man that is so important and I can't believe they never expanded the All Access to do this, especially given their Hex pedals have shit potentiometers in them)
Tri-state IAs (off, on 1, on 2)
Multiple CC msg sends per IA (and state-dependent CC msg sends)
Tempo-matched flashing LED on it matches tempo on your Axe-Fx
And the list goes on...

And most importantly: actively developed and supported. You actually get new features for it from Fraction. Rocktron does not do updates for the All Access. They haven't in many years.

If it's working for you: great. For some of us the All Access is just a stopgap before landing an MFC.

I am very n ew to MIDI. I read the All Access manual and then the MFC manual. It seemed to me that the MFC was designed very similar to the All Acess. The additional features of patch names, naming songs, tuner display, and I/A lights make it the obvious perfect fit for an Axe. IMO All Access is capable but requires more typing. I do wish I had held off for the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom