Rocksmith game is awesome!

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
wow I just picked up that rocksmith game for PS3, it's brilliant! It's like rockband except you plug in your own actual guitar and play real songs. I'm super impressed with it's ability to track the notes you play accurately, even for most complex chords it knows if you're missing a note or not. And the song selections are really good, it's all decent stuff from modern indie rock to classic rock , it's not just drunk bar jukebox tunes. I also got the second cable and lets you play 2 guitarists and they break the song into rythym and lead parts it's soo much fun. And... lol... it also has all these drill games for various guitar techniques. If you're a pro you might get bored, but I'm loving this game. My favorite game is the chord mini game where zombies pop out of the notes and try to eat you and you have to hit the right chord to activate the machine guns to wipe them out... so brooootal lol.

Rocksmith | Ubisoft | Home

I know it has distortion sounds built into the game. I'm going to be getting the PC version of this game on October 16th (hopefully this Thursday for a beta release). I wonder if there anyway to in corporate the axe fx II in place of the emulations they have built into the game?

I wonder if there anyway to in corporate the axe fx II in place of the emulations they have built into the game?
Run your guitar into your Axe-FX. Feed Output 2 directly from the grid, and send it to the game. Then turn down the game and turn up the Axe. :)

You will need the backing track from the game, but if you can change the volume of your guitar and the backing track separately in the game that would be a killer idea!

Just checked it out on youtube. Very cool idea. Something about a usb to 1/4" jack, so maybe we can already use the II as the interface.
I guess we will have to wait for it to come out on pc.

I have that game, but I misplaced my analog connector for the PS3, so it's hooked up to my TV over HDMI. I can't work around the delay issues between when I play a note on the guitar and Rocksmith plays it back to me.. there's something like a 70ms delay or maybe even more. It's REALLY hard to play along with stuff that way. Do you guys all have your PS3's audio hooked up through RCA jacks?

I have that game, but I misplaced my analog connector for the PS3, so it's hooked up to my TV over HDMI. I can't work around the delay issues between when I play a note on the guitar and Rocksmith plays it back to me.. there's something like a 70ms delay or maybe even more. It's REALLY hard to play along with stuff that way. Do you guys all have your PS3's audio hooked up through RCA jacks?

HDMI does cause latency according to their website. You have to use HDMI strictly for video and component or some type of adapter for audio so you don't have to deal with latency.

I tried that game, but found it really frustrating. I was constantly tying to figure out what string they wanted. Once you get to chords it's easier because they give you the name. Also, putting my back to the screen and figuring the progression out by ear increased my scores ten fold.

You will need the backing track from the game, but if you can change the volume of your guitar and the backing track separately in the game that would be a killer idea!

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the cable that connects the guitar to my PC, but I was able to download the game today. I can verify, you have full control over music, guitar volume, and vocal volume separately!

Huzzah! This might just work!!!!!!!

T minus 3 days until I receive my cable.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the cable that connects the guitar to my PC, but I was able to download the game today. I can verify, you have full control over music, guitar volume, and vocal volume separately!

Huzzah! This might just work!!!!!!!

T minus 3 days until I receive my cable.
How did you get in on the beta?
I would love to try this.

The demo is currently out on Steam, I have a real tone cable that I picked up around launch for the console versions.

The game works but the latency gets on my nerves. I would totally dig using my Axe-FX as an input though. :D

The demo is currently out on Steam, I have a real tone cable that I picked up around launch for the console versions.

The game works but the latency gets on my nerves. I would totally dig using my Axe-FX as an input though. :D

Im downloading the demo on Steam now. Thanks for the heads up.

Undoubtedly, the Rocksmith game is awesome, it not just a game it’s a guitar teacher ,where learning simply becomes an interesting experience.

I have Rocksmith and have mixed feelings: fun game to play music (especially because I'd never play majority of their songs otherwise) but frustrating in the way they presented fretboard. If you are used to tabs it is the opposite way in the game (even mirroring strings doesn't help much) - I guess you need to get adjusted to that. And latency is quite bad - on XBOX with analog out and PC I couldn't get something that would sound acceptable. Especially trills or tight rhythms become awful. Also learning the songs is a tiresome task: when you have to jump among 3 different learning modes (becomes very bad when you get to solos)... so just play by ear and try to make sense of what is happening on the screen.

But at the same time the game is still fun and has some very nice songs there (also like some melodies in technic challenges)..

I have Rocksmith and have mixed feelings: fun game to play music (especially because I'd never play majority of their songs otherwise) but frustrating in the way they presented fretboard. If you are used to tabs it is the opposite way in the game (even mirroring strings doesn't help much) - I guess you need to get adjusted to that. And latency is quite bad - on XBOX with analog out and PC I couldn't get something that would sound acceptable. Especially trills or tight rhythms become awful. Also learning the songs is a tiresome task: when you have to jump among 3 different learning modes (becomes very bad when you get to solos)... so just play by ear and try to make sense of what is happening on the screen.

But at the same time the game is still fun and has some very nice songs there (also like some melodies in technic challenges)..

Actually in the preferences you can reverse the fretboard to mimic tab. I had the same problem you did, it drove me nuts lol

Back
Top Bottom