Rocksmith 2014, Xbox One, & Axe FX III

Megadebt

Experienced
Can anyone tell me a good way to hook this up. I don't want to use the games sound engine, I will be turning that off.

Any help appreciated,

Cave Man

I have a big shot aby switcher maybe use that.

Guitar to the aby pedal, then from aby pedal to the axe fx and to the xbox one. I'll turn the guitar sound off in the game and just use the axe fx 3 for guitar tones/sound. I have two sets of monitors so maybe one set for the xbox and the other for the axe fx.

I dont use the rocksmith game much, I just sometimes like to goof off and play the game.

I only have an FM3, but I think you could setup output 3 to output the input signal by setting Output 3 Copy to INPUT 1 in I/O settings. And then just connect from from output 3 left to the xbox one.

The before mentioned aby box method is the best way I’ve found. The latency in that game makes it unusable using there sound engine.

I found a couple mods for the PC version that allow you to use AxeFx as an asio device. It's sublime. No issues with lag. Using a pitch block to tune so I can play more of my library without turning a ton (headphones or crushing volume highly recommend lol. Your strings will be very dissonant otherwise). Check out the Rocksmith subreddit if you are interested that's where I got started. I can't help with the Xbox version but if anyone needs pc config help I'll do my best to provide some help. It wasn't very easy but maybe if I find some time I can write up what I know.

I found a couple mods for the PC version that allow you to use AxeFx as an asio device. It's sublime. No issues with lag. Using a pitch block to tune so I can play more of my library without turning a ton (headphones or crushing volume highly recommend lol. Your strings will be very dissonant otherwise). Check out the Rocksmith subreddit if you are interested that's where I got started. I can't help with the Xbox version but if anyone needs pc config help I'll do my best to provide some help. It wasn't very easy but maybe if I find some time I can write up what I know.
I would be interested in this.

I can't get the PC version to load to save my life. It used to work.

The ABY method is working great. I have some Mokes presets that fit some of the songs nicely.

It's interesting to go into the games tone creator and see what effects/etc. that they used to create the tones and then try and duplicate it in the axe.

I can't get the PC version to load to save my life. It used to work.

The ABY method is working great. I have some Mokes presets that fit some of the songs nicely.

It's interesting to go into the games tone creator and see what effects/etc. that they used to create the tones and then try and duplicate it in the axe.

Also interested. Link?

I wound up hooking it up differently.

There is an AV 3.5mm jack on the back of the Xbox. I bought a 3.5 into dual 1/4" Y splitter cable. I hooked it up from the 3.5 AV on the back of the xbox to the input 2 on the axe fx. I made a blank preset with an input 2 block linked to the output 1 block. Walla!

Back
Top Bottom