Rockman Tone Match

Axe-Master
I was sent one of these by a subscriber on my channel (see video below) and it pretty much sounds like Def Leppard's hysteria album in a box. Here's my first attempt at a tone match. I've had to match the chorus and echo by ear - the only options are just chorus on, chorus and echo on or just echo on so there's no "dry" option on there.

Each IR matches the scene with the same name. If anyone has any extra input regarding the fx please let me know and we can fine tune it together!

Attachments

• U1-1019_Rockman 1.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,504
  • U1-1020_Rockman 2.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 655
  • U1-1021_Rockman 3.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 646
  • U1-1022_Rockman 4.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 669
  • LT Rockman TM.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 676
I must be doing something wrong as I'm getting very low signal after the Cab block and it sounds really hi-end clippy / not at all like the video. I've checked that I'm selecting the 4 cabs into the 4 scenes - any suggestions? (sorry - I don't use the TM functionality much)

Edit: Guess you have to add your own cab at the end for FR setup - sounds Scholzy now - Thankyou!.

Last edited:
Leon, I'm a brand new AXE FX 3 user. I've been reading the manual, and also from a number of forum posts and I'm still very confused about CAB's versus Presets in terms of installing/importing them into the AXE FX 3. Using Fractal Bot all files both presets and CAB's ALL seem to have the extension .syx, yet thers nothing indicating which is which. I tried downloading and instaling what I thought were presets above for the Rockman but when trying to import them using Fractal Bot I get an error sayng these are user CABs and cannot be imstalled as a preset. Sorry if this sounds like dumb question. WHat am I missing here ???

Leon, I'm a brand new AXE FX 3 user. I've been reading the manual, and also from a number of forum posts and I'm still very confused about CAB's versus Presets in terms of installing/importing them into the AXE FX 3. Using Fractal Bot all files both presets and CAB's ALL seem to have the extension .syx, yet thers nothing indicating which is which. I tried downloading and instaling what I thought were presets above for the Rockman but when trying to import them using Fractal Bot I get an error sayng these are user CABs and cannot be imstalled as a preset. Sorry if this sounds like dumb question. WHat am I missing here ???
Hi Axedude
The difference is in the file size 10.1 is cab
And the 48.2 kb is the preset
Hope that helps
Cheers

I'm going to try this out, thx @2112 !

I'm currently using the Brit 800 model with a parametric EQ instead of a cab block. If you Google "rockman speaker curve" under images you'll get an idea of how to setup the EQ. Works really well!

just tried out your Rockman tone match preset @2112 and I have to say... it's Rocks Man! just a little tweaking on the FX but the tone is there!

*** I changed the chorus type to Digital Stereo and I think it's perfect. Adjust mix to taste.

Back
Top Bottom