Rockabilly-Swing For the Less Gainey Vintage Dudes

I LOVE it! Great Tone and great playing. Nice and refreshing sounds!

Good to see someone pushing the possibilities of the AXE in a different direction than djent!

Thanks Lads for such the cool reception!

I've actually started dabbling into Rockabilly lately. I SUCK at it, but man is it interesting. There's some really great blues runs in there and I love how you play the actual changes instead of just shredding one scale. Classy.
Yes, understood. And thanks! It is easy to be mediocre and still sound decent. This was Swing-abilly. More majory country vibe.
Here is a great lesson for this style: 50 Rockabilly Licks You MUST Know - 50 Rockabilly Licks You MUST Know - Video Guitar Lessons - TrueFire TV Jason is a great teacher.

Nice man... sounds great- tone and playing. I hear a little Redd influence in there if I'm not mistaken.
Been wondering how you're getting along with the Axe II. That answered it.
Need to catch up again.. and get a lesson from you.

Hey brother Cody! Great to hear from you. Love to hook up anytime! Really enjoying the AXE. Thank you!
Not sure you can even play Western Swingy stuff here in Austin and not get a Redd comparison.

Nice! Another austinite!
Cheers! We need to have a AXE gathering here in Austin.

Wow! That was awesome. Love the playing and tone. It would be great to hear more stuff like that on this forum.

I really enjoy rockabilly, I'm a big Brian Setzer fan, but I can't play this stuff at all. <hangs head in shame>
Ha. This is the 'every dude' music. Its really well within your grasp even you can play at all. Its a fun and easy style to learn bro.

Really nice-great sound and very cool playing-liked it!
Thank You!

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!

I loved it. This will be a fun patch to play with. Thanks.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the patch! (10.10 )

Forgive the playing. . . .ha ha ha ha. . . .day job is comedy? I'd give my left you know what to play like that and the patch sounds killer. Which amp did you use?
Thanks bro. Well it was sloppy and not as syncopated with the slap back as I can play when I am warm with this style.

Suhr Badger. Been my 1 of 4 amps I really love for country. The presets in the 4th post.

Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers!!

that wuz AWESOME! thanks for sharing that....very inspiring! i think that is the first time i have heard rockabilly tunes from the axe....really dug it!
That's cool. It does vintage tones just as well as heavy tones and I think it does the classic rock stuff best actually.
Im inspired to post more.

WHOA. Bad ass. I used to play in a (pseudo) rockabilly-to-alternative rock coverband. I am ashamed to think of those days when i hear this clip of yours. Very authentic look as well :)
This is a bit more rockabilly swing. Look? Ha. Not these days, but there was a time when the Pompadour and the cuffs were high!

Great tone and outstanding playing. I really enjoyed listening.
Thank you!

I like it!
Thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you for posting something other than Djent! I really dig this. I usually just make my own patches but I might check this one out. I play a bit of swingy sorta stuff that this might suit. Yay! Sound is amazing! Please keep posting.
Thanks for the props bro. Please enjoy the patch! All the subtitles in the compressor, drive, hi-cut etc. take time. I appreciate when someone else can get use from them.

I LOVE it! Great Tone and great playing. Nice and refreshing sounds!

Good to see someone pushing the possibilities of the AXE in a different direction than djent!
I had to look up Djent after reading it here in this thread! Ha! Seems like lots of good stuff other than Djent but I get what you are saying and I appreciate the kind words. Thanks and cheers!

Last edited:
really nice sounds like you having fun nice playing good to hear som vitage music here thanks for charing

Man that is a really great job.
Dead on.
Chris

Thanks Chris! Appreciate it!

This is fantastic. Great playing - will have to check out your preset. Love the rockabilly!
Thanks! A new preset will be made soon as that was a pretty rough version.
Running through my 'little' live rig last night, 40 w Fender tube amp, analog pedals, analog delay, ribbon mic and LDD mic through a high-end tube pre and the sound was just stunning. Going to match that in the AXE in the next day or two.

really nice sounds like you having fun nice playing good to hear som vitage music here thanks for charing

Fun music! Always up!! No such thing as an unhappy Rockabilly tune! Cheers and thanks!

Back
Top Bottom