• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Rockabilly-Swing For the Less Gainey Vintage Dudes

TexasHeartRush

Inspired
Notice how rounded and soft this tone is? It is a vintage Gretsch 6120-60 using the mono tape echo and royer ribbon mic.

The Gretsch is a zero fret, incredibly low action and flat wound strings makes it a bit stiff. And low gain with Filtertrons makes every note transparent.
Recording slap-bass this weekend over this track (SLAP Bass recorded) There is pedal steel and horns that are absent as to showcase the guitar tone.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Gorilla

Experienced
Cool! My bud had a Gretsch just like that with the Bigsby on it... It was stolen years ago!!! Nice guitar

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I've actually started dabbling into Rockabilly lately. I SUCK at it, but man is it interesting. There's some really great blues runs in there and I love how you play the actual changes instead of just shredding one scale. Classy.

Hotplate

Power User
Nice man... sounds great- tone and playing. I hear a little Redd influence in there if I'm not mistaken.
Been wondering how you're getting along with the Axe II. That answered it.
Need to catch up again.. and get a lesson from you.

dscribellito

Inspired
Wow! That was awesome. Love the playing and tone. It would be great to hear more stuff like that on this forum.

I really enjoy rockabilly, I'm a big Brian Setzer fan, but I can't play this stuff at all. <hangs head in shame>

boleary2

Inspired
that wuz AWESOME! thanks for sharing that....very inspiring! i think that is the first time i have heard rockabilly tunes from the axe....really dug it!

adamqlw

Inspired
WHOA. Bad ass. I used to play in a (pseudo) rockabilly-to-alternative rock coverband. I am ashamed to think of those days when i hear this clip of yours. Very authentic look as well :)

Ant Music

Power User
Thank you thank you thank you for posting something other than Djent! I really dig this. I usually just make my own patches but I might check this one out. I play a bit of swingy sorta stuff that this might suit. Yay! Sound is amazing! Please keep posting.

Top Bottom