Rock You Like A Hurricane (Scorpions Cover)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a recent cover I did. I made this cover as a tribute to the Scorpions who recently toured in Singapore for the first time after 15 years. I used my AX8 for this recording! Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did playing it :) If you enjoyed it, do like the video or subscribe to my channel! I plan to make more videos with my AX8 :)

Youtube link:

Thank you!

Last edited:
Very nice playing and sound.

I guess this is not the place to mention, I walked out on a Scorpions concert this Summer

I like the Scorpions very much, but it was a festival, I was tired, I had enough to drink (maybe a tad more),and the rain was pouring down and had been for an hour. I just couldn't take any more :)

Good stuff! I did a little recording of the intro (with backing track, that isn't me singing). All guitars Axe-Fx II. This was back on FW 14. Just goes to show that sometimes people overestimate how much the core sound of the unit has changed.

Really great! You have wonderful left hand vibrato. Those classic Scorpions tunes are a blast to play, and require a lot of attention to detail. When I was in high school I got to see Michael Schenker at a small venue, and it was incredible to see him play up close.

Good stuff! I did a little recording of the intro (with backing track, that isn't me singing). All guitars Axe-Fx II. This was back on FW 14. Just goes to show that sometimes people overestimate how much the core sound of the unit has changed.

That sounded great - good job mate.

Really great! You have wonderful left hand vibrato. Those classic Scorpions tunes are a blast to play, and require a lot of attention to detail. When I was in high school I got to see Michael Schenker at a small venue, and it was incredible to see him play up close.
Hey, thanks man! Yeah he's great, it's a shame he isn't playing with them anymore :(

Reminds me at what point this FW was open sounding; "raw in the face"

Like it; BTW what guitar is this ?
Keep on rocking in Singapore
Hey bro, thanks for the kind words! I'm using a thanakorn guitar, custom hand made by master luthier TK himself in Thailand. I've previously used a suhr modern, PRS custom 24, as well as a fender custom shop strat, they were all great guitars, but TK's guitar jusst had a better feel, and I think it's because of a better neck job and a flawless stainless steel fret job on it. Other components of the guitar had close to negligible difference (still prefer the TK, but this is from an objective POV), but TK gave me more flexibility in terms of hardware, neck shape, fret size, and pickups, and even allowed me to choose the type of 5A flamed maple top I wanted (Tight flames or wider flames). One of the best guitars I've owned so far, and it's definitely worth checking out.

Can check out some of the guitars he built previously, guarantee to make you drool. His prices are also very reasonable. Check them out on facebook, Thanakorn Guitars, I'm still not allowed to post any links, but you can probably find them easily on FB :)

Back
Top Bottom