Rock 'n Roll Concentrate. All-rounder for the Classic Rock people. Freebie.

Burgs

Power User
I've been on a bit of a bender lately, trying to concentrate as many of my favourite factory tones along with my own combos and effect choices into a single preset. It's good fun. The band I play with is heading out in a couple of weeks for two-three months and I want a preset that will accomodate whatever guitar/s I choose on the day. Here's another one with obvious Scene names, satellite effects - all of the usual. I call it Rock 'n Roll Concentrate because it packs a lot of classic rock rigs into a single preset. Only the Axe-FX III can do that, which is why I love it.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9863

Video demo:

Brilliant!
Each of the scenes could be its own great preset.
Nice pickups too. Did you split them on some of the cleanest tones? Sounds gorgeous.

Brilliant!
Each of the scenes could be its own great preset.
Nice pickups too. Did you split them on some of the cleanest tones? Sounds gorgeous.
Thanks. A few of those Scenes actually were lifted from factory presets. I've just modified them a little to fit into the bigger picture. No splits on these pickups; it's either neck, middle (both) or bridge. The volume control, pickup selector and my hands are the only modifiers on that guitar. 500k pot too, I believe (will check later).

I've been on a bit of a bender lately, trying to concentrate as many of my favourite factory tones along with my own combos and effect choices into a single preset. It's good fun. The band I play with is heading out in a couple of weeks for two-three months and I want a preset that will accomodate whatever guitar/s I choose on the day. Here's another one with obvious Scene names, satellite effects - all of the usual. I call it Rock 'n Roll Concentrate because it packs a lot of classic rock rigs into a single preset. Only the Axe-FX III can do that, which is why I love it.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9863

Video demo:

Thanks so much Brett always love your videos. Thank you for sharing your presets always fun.

A few of those Scenes actually were lifted from factory presets. I've just modified them a little to fit into the bigger picture.

And that’s just what we do!

Years ago, in an interview with Guitar Player Magazine, Joe Walsh basically said he’d always stolen licks from other players, and that he hoped people would steal them from him.

It’s our way of giving back.

And, I’m probably going to tear this one apart to see if I can fit it into the FM3. :)

@Burgs, I'm always inspired, enlightened, and entertained, by your videos. Dude, you rock it. :)

Wednesdays, as part of my personal therapy, my "noisy therapy" as I explain it to my significant other, I play "'da blues" at a local jam, where I'm somewhat of a fixture, dragging in one of two boutique tube amps, or one of my Fractals and a cab, to… lure and entice… corrupt… our younger players who want to use their pedalboards into a clean amp. I want them to hear what a delicious boutique amp sounds and feels like when treating it like a single-channel "old school" amp, and, to date, they've all loved finding out they don't need their pedals to get great sound. That stepping on a switch does nothing that rolling up the guitar's volume and tone control can't do, distortion and tone-wise.

Last night it was the FM9 on my tweaked ODS-100 preset so they got an idea of what going straight into a Dumble felt like, and they had fun, so much so that one of the sets was the highlight of the evening with some really good guitar interplay, to the point that the house-band's guitarist told me the FM9 was sounding really good last night. (I'm trying to corrupt him to the digital side too.)

So… next week I'm taking this preset and giving them access to the scenes. Heh… maybe I'll hear some Ed or Mal from the stage when I'm sippin' a whiskey at the bar. :)

Thank you for sharing these, and have a wonderful tour!

@Burgs, I'm always inspired, enlightened, and entertained, by your videos....
Greg, such kind words, thank you. I reckon the younger players are lucky to have a bloke like you around, helping them to discover new things, sounds, ways of doing things. I'll bet they never forget you once they're out of their formative years. You're a friendly flag flyer of the highest order, Mr Ferguson! 🙏🏻

This preset really helped me out. I was struggling with the Marshall models. This showed me that I’m on the right track and just need to keep trying different IR’s. Thanks Burgs!!

Back
Top Bottom