Rock demo with FAS Modern, FW 9.02 and the Darkglass B7k on bass

erockomania

Experienced

Grabbed a guitar that's been neglected for a bit a came up with this quick rock/metal riff. Tom Anderson H3s in the bridge position... love those bastards. Really quite amazing how different pickups sound when compared to each other. Love that about the Axe.
Also, I got a Darkglass B7K for xmas from the wife and this is my first attempt at recording with it. Super quick and not really dialed, but this is pretty much 5 mins of d***ing around. Very promising.

----VERSION 2 - 01/01/13 (new parts, getting ready for pre-production vocals) Further dialed FAS Modern tone with OwnHammer beta IRs and also dialed the B7K a bit more so it sits better.

Last edited:
Hurry up and write/record/release an album so I can give you all my money. :p Another killer clip, man. On a more serious note, what did you use for drums?

Sounds great dude. If you don't mind me asking, which beta IR are you using for your guitars, and do you do much in terms of post EQ?

How are you running the B7K? I just got mine Christmas eve, and am currently running it in the fx loop in front of my second amp (SVT) which is configured for mids and some grit, blending it in with the clean amp which mostly does the lows. I am waiting until I get another balanced cable so that I can reamp with the bass with my mix. I'll be posting a one-take recording with it pretty soon though.

Don't you love that thing? At first I was terribly confused but I shortly got the hang of it. For a lot of stuff I like the raw setting with flat, but I've also found some interesting use of the thin with boost engaged. It's brought my bass sound to a place that really makes me happy.

Sounds great dude. If you don't mind me asking, which beta IR are you using for your guitars, and do you do much in terms of post EQ?

How are you running the B7K? I just got mine Christmas eve, and am currently running it in the fx loop in front of my second amp (SVT) which is configured for mids and some grit, blending it in with the clean amp which mostly does the lows. I am waiting until I get another balanced cable so that I can reamp with the bass with my mix. I'll be posting a one-take recording with it pretty soon though.

Don't you love that thing? At first I was terribly confused but I shortly got the hang of it. For a lot of stuff I like the raw setting with flat, but I've also found some interesting use of the thin with boost engaged. It's brought my bass sound to a place that really makes me happy.

I'm just recording straight thru it right now. I do plan on taking the parrallel out into my REDDI and recording both signals for a best of both worlds situation. I'm sure I will use it in reamp situations in the near future. It's a very bass friendly and usable distortion. Love it so far!

New iteration of Darkglass demo. Now waiting for vocals, real drums and some production.

placeholder drums from Superior Drummer 2, Metal Foundry
Custom Tele with Tom Anderson pickups -> AxeFx2 FAS Modern, OwnHammer beta IRs
Fender American P-Bass with Homewrecker pickups -> Darkglass B7K

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom