Rock cover songs with both keys *and* guitars?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
New band has the added bonus of a skilled keyboardist (without an attitude!) but their setlist mostly ignored that fact (more than 50% of it is of the two-guitars-bass-drums category).

I'd like to come up with a good list of great rocking cover songs that have keyboards. Additional bonus points if they happen to have keyboards and *two* guitars. I've come up with a few nuggest already (including Journey's "separate ways"), but I always get great contributions from this forum when I ask for suggestions here.

Any ideas? We have both a female and a male singer, so we can vocally tackle many bands (the girl sings the Journey song). Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** - bother, I missed the two guitar requirement. Some of these could be adapted to twin guitars, but I'll have another think anyways

I'll come up with some more as I remember the ones we've done..

- Jump, Van Halen
- Surrender, Cheap Trick
- Won't Get Fooled Again, The Who
- Baba O'Riley, The Who
- Pretty much anything by Queen
- Dead Ringer For Love, Meatloaf (as you've got both male and female singers)

I'll dig out some old set lists and see what I can find.

Billy Idol
Boston
Allman Brothers
Grace Potter
Black Keys
Duran Duran
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Deep Purple
Kansas
Rolling Stones
Mott The Hoople
Beatles
Spencer Davis Group
Wilson Pickett

Steely Dan
Kansas- Carry on my wayward son
Doobie Brothers
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Edgar Winter- Frankenstein
Supertramp
Styx
Loverboy
Yes
Asia

yngwie malmsteen
or maybe some commonly covered ones: -
the doors
pink floyd
led zeppelin
elo
genesis
elp
oh yeah, the great - king crimson
queen? <obvious one but still good

Last edited:
Every song from the 80's. Looks like there are a lot of great suggestions here. i am blessed to play with a great keyboardist [Jett Cheek]. It is a pleasure to play with a musician that can add so much texture and soundscapes to the music. Our other guitarist and I do a lot of work together, but Jett really adds so much interest to the music.

Peter Gabriel (Sledgehammer)
Europe (The Final Countdown, Rock the Night, Superstitious,....any Song will do...)

Back
Top Bottom