Rock and Roll HOF Inductions

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Caught this on Sirius/XM the other night. Stevie Nicks was surprisingly good. Band sounded great except for the guitar. The breakup was really weird, either clean or distorted with nothing in between. Wondering what kind of amp was used. Hope it wasn't an Axe-Fx, LOL.

Stevie Nicks was surprisingly good.

For someone who is turning 71 next month, she still sounds really good. Thought the same thing about the guitar. The duet with Don Henley sounded great too.

Def Leppard can still kick ass! Joe Elliott’s comments about Rick Allen were awesome as was the standing ovation for Rick Allen. He couldn’t hold back the tears.

‘Pyromania is a raging success… then Rick has a life changing accident. He survived it and came out the other side stronger. Hysteria gave us the global success that we’d always craved… and then we lost Steve. But we survived and came out the other side stronger people. And that’s the way it’s always played out throughout our career. So let’s face facts here, if alcoholism, car crashes and cancer couldn’t kill us, the Nineties had no fucking chance!“

Last edited:
looking for videos, assuming i'm watching the same performance, it looks like a bassman real amp of some sort. hard to see. maybe it was just pedals.

Caught this on Sirius/XM the other night. Stevie Nicks was surprisingly good. Band sounded great except for the guitar. The breakup was really weird, either clean or distorted with nothing in between. Wondering what kind of amp was used. Hope it wasn't an Axe-Fx, LOL.

Sounds like symptoms of a boss or older pod...

I am a long time Cure fan, but Robert Smith has to give up this look:

Robert-Smith.jpg

Looks like a crazy old lady at bingo now.

Nothing will ever top Alex Lifeson's speech.

Well... it was cute until it wasn’t. Then it kept going. And kept going. And got really awful. Then transcended mere awfulness and became brilliant. It was a speech that was much better after it was over. Few people could have pulled it off.

For someone who is turning 71 next month, she still sounds really good. Thought the same thing about the guitar. The duet with Don Henley sounded great too.

Stevie has always sounded like she was 71, and had chain smoked at least 65 of those years lol :) awesome voice and instantly recognizable, she has always been a favorite :)

Stevie has always sounded like she was 71, and had chain smoked at least 65 of those years lol :) awesome voice and instantly recognizable, she has always been a favorite :)

Now that you mentioned it, I guess she has! lol

You're right though, it's not hard to tell whose voice it is when you hear it. I was fortunate to see Fleetwood Mac, back in the 90's, with Buckingham and McVie in the line-up and it was hands down, one of the best concerts I've seen and I've seen a lot, since my first one (Trooper) back in 1978!

Back
Top Bottom