Robert Fripp (King Crimson) now using Axe-Fx!

What an incredibly complex setup.. He could ditch the Rocktron and Eventide to just go with a MFC-101 with built in effects. Or feed the effects with his spare AFX above.

FAS - do you think an XL could process/simulate all his random effects/filters/sims in a single unit? Just curious. Video sample here

I'm not sure he could.. I reckon he may potentially bust the cpu limit first..
and even if he don't, why go to all that trouble to reproduce what you have working well already??

I suspect that the Axe is "as well as" rather than "instead of"

I suspect that the Axe is "as well as" rather than "instead of"

True true, it's worth a shot though right?? :ugeek With some of those sounds I am sure the CPU limit would spike. Speaking of which, how often does that happen to people? Simeon I know you're an ambient tones guru, you ever hit the CPU limit? Or clarky with your experiences? I'm just curious, I haven't really 'pushed the limits' much so it made me wonder with this.

I hit the limit all the time. If i had the money, I'd buy an eventide eclipse to supplement the axe. I used to have one and loved it.

me too… like Sim, I hit it often..
and some new fw drops can take me a few % in either direction..
if it's on the wrong direction, I'll actively search for alternative preset layouts that offer something like the functionality I'm after, whilst taking the lowest possible cpu hit..

I hit the limit all the time. If i had the money, I'd buy an eventide eclipse to supplement the axe. I used to have one and loved it.

the delay and reverb blocks are heavy hitters on the cpu stakes..
maybe a pair of delay stomps or a rack multi-delay in an fx loop could help claw some cpu back..
and then there's the MIDI control side of things.. it'd need serious thought to make it work for me..
hmmm dunno.. I've not thought much about this yet.. not intending to just yet either.. lol..

Sorry to revive the thread but I was watching a video of Indiscipline recorded in Mexico in 2017 and it looks like Fripp has 2 AxeFx units on top of his rig.

What an incredibly complex setup.

Know it's an old quote but I found it funny.
Fripp's been 'complex' for 50 years!

early-mid 70s
af26be0ae86a50ff44721a310394f110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom