Robbers - The 1975 (First time playing with the looper...)

Here's a quick sample of the patch I'm building for "Robbers" by The 1975.

The synth-y backing part is a loop I built using the Axe's internal looper and some "creative" routing. Then I recorded that loop into my DAW and then overdubbed the rhythm and lead

I've got the level of the looper output hooked up to an expression pedal so I can control the mix of the loop when I play live. I play with a second guitar player, so I'll just play one part while the loop goes. Really cool. This is my first time playing with the looper block in the 2+ years I've had my AxeFX. I'm impressed at how robust and easy to use it is. I particularly like the undo feature! :)

tILTkWj.jpg

Last edited:
this is sick! Would you mind sharing ther preset?
Here you go.

Scene 1 is the tone for building the loop.
Scene 2 is the rhythm tone
Scene 3 is the lead tone

The looper is set to record one 4-beat bar at 100bpm. Once the first loop is recorded, hit the stack button and continue playing the pattern in a variety of octaves.
The 4-beat pattern to play on the "E" string for the loop is (h = hammer on. p = pull-off):

-0-h2-h4-0-h2-h4-0-h2-h4-4-p2-p0-

I play the loop pattern on both the high and low "E" strings. I also shift the pattern up to the 12th fret for those extra octave layers.

Attachments

• Robbers.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Here you go.

Scene 1 is the tone for building the loop.
Scene 2 is the rhythm tone
Scene 3 is the lead tone

The looper is set to record one 4-beat bar at 100bpm. Once the first loop is recorded, hit the stack button and continue playing the pattern in a variety of octaves.
The 4-beat pattern to play on the "E" string for the loop is (h = hammer on. p = pull-off):

-0-h2-h4-0-h2-h4-0-h2-h4-4-p2-p0-

I play the loop pattern on both the high and low "E" strings. I also shift the pattern up to the 12th fret for those extra octave layers.

I appreciate you a ton man thank you! unfortunately I'm working on an AX8 and there's no send or return blocks. Do you think there's a way to work around this?

I appreciate you a ton man thank you! unfortunately I'm working on an AX8 and there's no send or return blocks. Do you think there's a way to work around this?
Hey, sorry I just saw this.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to recreate the whole thing without send and return blocks.

You could probably recreate the core guitar tones as individual presets. Pretty much everything after the looper is dedicated to the processing of the loop itself. The guitar sounds for lead and rhythm are pretty much complete on the first row, with the exception of the first delay and reverb blocks on the second row, and to a lesser extent, the second reverb on the third row. You most likely could condense those elements into a single preset without sends and returns.

I don't have an AX8 to test this out, though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom