Road case for MFC?

I don't know of one specific to the MFC, but I have two suggestions:

For mine, I found an ATA case that was made for a computer monitor and took a sharp knife to the padding until it fit my needs. I can put the MFC, two expression pedals, and cabling in it. It has wheels and a handle (kind of like luggage) and is very easy to move. ATA rated = as close as you get to roadie-proof.

Expensive, but worth it, describes Pelican cases. They are the only thing I would describe as better than standard ATA. Buying new and specific to the MFC would be costly, but you can search Ebay or similar sites and find one of the desired dimensions and modify to your needs. In my government job, we use them all the time and I have never seen one break even though they are subjected to obscene levels of abuse.

For my MFC-101, I use the ALUMNDA306NF from Star Case Co (ATA Cases, Equipment Cases, Shipping Cases, Custom Cases, Computer Racks, Rails - StarCase.com).

With the pick-n-pluck foam option, it's perfectly sized for the MFC-101.

306_dims_700.jpg

The inside dimensions are 17.75" x 12.5" x 6.0 " (WDH). The exterior is brushed aluminum with high-impact corners. There are two latches with user-settable combinations. It weighs only 6 lbs, empty.

$79

Star Case - Cases - ALUMNDA306NF - ALUMNDA306NF-17-3/4x12-1/2x6 inside useable space - Quick Ship Alum. Carry Cases - Star Case

I'm using a Pedaltrain, as well, although I have the soft gig bag and not the hard case. Nice thing with Pedaltrain is that you can always buy the case later and swap them out. The frames are made of aluminum, so it's super lightweight yet very strong and sturdy. This setup is so much better than my old one, which was a standard plywood framed board with lots of heavy pedals.

Poparad
I am in the process of purchasing some pedaltrain boards and was wondering how you like the soft case. Do you think it protects the MFC-101? I have spent so much money just trying to cut corners where I can. Do you think I should hold off and get the hard shell case instead? i would really like your opinion.
Thanks
Mark

I've been looking at Pedaltrains also. I can't face lugging round the Pro and it seems a little unnecessarily deep, so I'm focussing on the PT2. Then I discovered that Mono make a case for the Pedaltrain and my concerns about getting the soft case version went away. Only trouble is, my MFC plan is to use 3 expression pedals so now I've got to try and rethink it for 2...

Poparad
I am in the process of purchasing some pedaltrain boards and was wondering how you like the soft case. Do you think it protects the MFC-101? I have spent so much money just trying to cut corners where I can. Do you think I should hold off and get the hard shell case instead? i would really like your opinion.
Thanks
Mark

I'm fairly confident with the soft case. Of course, I handle all of my gear myself and I'm always careful with it. I'm not traveling the country in a van with other people tossing my gear about.

I've been looking at Pedaltrains also. I can't face lugging round the Pro and it seems a little unnecessarily deep, so I'm focussing on the PT2. Then I discovered that Mono make a case for the Pedaltrain and my concerns about getting the soft case version went away. Only trouble is, my MFC plan is to use 3 expression pedals so now I've got to try and rethink it for 2...

I have a PT3 and I can comfortably fit the MFC, a Bright Onion 4-button external switch, and four Roland EV-5's. I have pics in the "Show us your MFC Setups" thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...r-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-21.html#post854564

SafeCase in Tomball, Texas makes the best ATA case I have seen. It was constructed with close tolerances and has been great for traveling with the MFC and expression pedals.

I'm thinking I'd like a hard case that I could take the top off and leave the bottom on the floor with the MFC-101 in it, with the back coming off with the top for access to inputs, MIDI, etc. Bonus if it's slightly slanted as it sits in the bottom. Weight is a concern, though.

Back
Top Bottom