RJM USERS: New RJM MMGT Firmware 4.3.0, Editor, Manual available

Awesome. My MMGT10 is a great piece of equipment, and I love the power and versatility. Will definitely load this new FW after the weekend's gigs.
Yes, I haven’t had a chance to update until today, so I’m looking forward to the new functions and fixes. I love how Ron keeps the unit current, even though it has now been on the market 7-8 years! I still think it’s the best out there.

Ron & Cliff seem to be of the same mindset IMHO. Both are passionate about their products and both contribute immensely on the respective forums. Fractal & RJM are a great combination, they are without doubt the two most outstanding companies I've ever bought products from.
Simply amazing!

That “Set IA” is a cool feature for sure.
How would *you* use it? I was thinking of scenarios that might warrant a Set IA config, but haven't come up with one yet. I'm intrigued, but haven't figured out how to take advantage of this new capability?

How would *you* use it? I was thinking of scenarios that might warrant a Set IA config, but haven't come up with one yet. I'm intrigued, but haven't figured out how to take advantage of this new capability?
I can't think of a reason to use it when only controlling an Axe-Fx. You can cover similar ground with externals and the Axe-Fx. But if you had multiple devices and wanted to gang IA changes for multiple devices into a single button press then I could totally see an application for the new feature.

The way I see it, it's an alternative to programming multiple MIDI CC per button.
  • Let's say you have a "Freeze Sound" function that requires two effects to be turned on (and off) simultaneously.
  • Each of these effects already has a button assigned to it.
  • For the Freeze Sound effect, you can either program a (normal/hold) button that turnes on (and off) both effects using CCs.
  • Or you can program a button that looks at the IA IDs of the two buttons on the board, and turns them on (or off).

The way I see it, it's an alternative to programming multiple MIDI CC per button.
  • Let's say you have a "Freeze Sound" function that requires two effects to be turned on (and off) simultaneously.
  • Each of these effects already has a button assigned to it.
  • For the Freeze Sound effect, you can either program a (normal/hold) button that turnes on (and off) both effects using CCs.
  • Or you can program a button that looks at the IA IDs of the two buttons on the board, and turns them on (or off).
Oh interesting. If used with some caution you can almost use this as a way to change somethings, but keep others fixed -- the way people have asked for ignore-this-block-on-scene change feature.

Back
Top Bottom