RJM Mastermind GT22 & Phantom Power Box

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue using my axe with the GT and a phantom power box. I've connected from the box midi 5 pin to the axe fx's midi in and then midi 7 pin on the box to XLR 6 Pin to the GT Midi out. I get power no problem but the GT doesn't seem to be communicating with the axe. I've set both to midi channel 1 and bi directional midi is set to on.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Paul

have you selected the correct Axe-Fx in the Devices setup on the MMGT or editor?

Hi Chris,

Yes I have selected AXE FX II XL+. It works without the phantom power box powering normally via the AC adaptor from the GT and then running a normal 5 pin midi active cable from the midi out on the GT to axe midi in.

It must be something I'm not doing?

i think on the 22 there is some setting to select between MIDI out port and the 6 pin for communication. the fact that it powers up makes sense. i'll try to find the setting.

edit - yup in the Device section you choose what port to use. here's a SS from the Editor, not sure where it is specifically on the floorboard itself. i believe you select "Remote" (i obv have the wrong device selected):

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 12.01.14 PM.png

i think on the 22 there is some setting to select between MIDI out port and the 6 pin for communication. the fact that it powers up makes sense. i'll try to find the setting.

edit - yup in the Device section you choose what port to use. here's a SS from the Editor, not sure where it is specifically on the floorboard itself. i believe you select "Remote" (i obv have the wrong device selected):

View attachment 28350

Tried that Chris still nothing.

It's ok Chris I think we've got to the bottom of it. The cable has been wired up wrong on the 7 pin side. Ron very kindly sent me over a wiring diagram so I could give it to the guys who made me the cable. I should get the replacement in a couple of days so we shall see if that works. Thanks for your help.

New GT owner here. I've been chatting to Ron about this and I'm waiting for his reply. I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone can help in the meantime.

I'm running the GT with a 1 input phantom power box to an AXE FX II XL+ connections are

Midi Input on box - Axe FX Midi In
Phantom power output on box to GT via 7 pin midi to 6 pin XLR cable. This plugged into the midi out on the GT.

Here's the issue I'm getting power to the GT but the axe and gt don't seem to be communicating with each other. I can't change presets and IA buttons don't work either along with the tuner etc. Bi directional midi is on and both the axe and gt are set to midi channel 1. The 7 pin to 6 pin XLR cable is wired as per the diagram in the GT manual.

The Axe FX has been updated to its latest firmware Quantum 1.02 and the GT has been updated to its latest firmware also 3.02.

Am I missing something? or not turned something on?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom