RJM Mastermind GT 22 vs. Liquid Foot Pro+

HerrCoffell218

I would like to hear from all experienced users about either of the above two mentioned midi boards. They both on the surface look similar but i am more interested in the nuts and blots of the whole operation. Any input is greatly appreciated and will ultimately guide me to my final decision.

Thank you

I have the RJM GT MM/22 which I use with the Axe-Fx II. Wonderful device. I made a video two years ago. Meanwhile my workflow has changed, I need to make a new one.

Last edited:
Matt Bellamy from Muse uses or used liquid Foot

He's using the RJM now. I've had the LFoot 12+ small version of the pro and now I have the RJM 16. Main difference is that the screens are bigger on RJM. I was having trouble reading the LFoot screens, so I went to the RJM. No real diff's between them functionality wise. LFoot is notoriously slow in getting product out. Never had an issue with the Lfoot stuff, loved their products, had a jr, pro and then a 12+. So far the RJM has been flawless. He is very quick to make changes if needed, and communication is great, and they are readily available.

Last edited:
I did not know this difference in the screens, it seems to me that the difference is more in the support and management of the two companies, RJM certainly passes a greater security in this aspect. I have a LF +12 and I think very powerful.

Having been on this Forum and followed the different MIDI boards for the AX FX (pre and post MFC) I'll say that the complaint on the Liquid Foot has been inconsistent customer and product support. RJM seems to have been great on this from day one, although a pricier solution.

I waited for years for liquid foot to release a product. The support was crumby and unhelpful. They couldn't give me a release date on the x-series but I waited and waited and nothing ever happened for a couple of years. Eventually I got sick of waiting. The Mastermind GT/16 was a lot more expensive but I don't regret it. Support has been top-notch.

Great fan of the liquid-foot. Had a Liquid-foot Jr an Pro. Still have a Liquid-foot+ Pro+.

I have had a couple of emails with FAMC and am really pleased with the interaction so far. I had a couple of questions and the answers came quickly (same day) each time. I'll be placing an order today on the 24 button model.

I was looking at the LF + Pro + and the Mastermind GT22. I have to have a controller with dynamic labels on every button. I've been getting along fine with a stock FCB1010. They are inexpensive and you can control multiple devices. You can do stomp box mode without a modification (contrary to some reports on this forum). It's the best bang for the buck. But now I need the labels (screens) on the buttons.

It was down to the LF and the GT22. I've looked at the manuals and read user comments. As far as I can see, they have the same abilities in terms of programming. I do like the brighter screen display on the GT22, but the price is just too steep for me. So I'm opting for the Foot. Actually, the fact that the LF has 8 buttons across is a big attraction.

+100 on the RJM GT Series boards.

I use a GT-16 with my XL+ and once I got it set up the way I like it (with a million thanx to Yek for starting me off in the right direction) it's hard to imagine not having one. It integrates really well with the XL+ (especially using the RJM "phantom power supply" which means only one MIDI cable between the XL+ and the GT) and the ability to program the buttons to have different actions depending on how long you press on them really multiplies the things you can do with the GT.

I bought mine used (in perfect condition but apparently an older unit) and I've spent some time cracking it open – I decided to upgrade the switches from the original NC condition to NO – and it's a very well-built and easily serviceable unit. The support from RJM is simply without equal in this industry – Ron Menelli is truly a Very Smart Guy who apparently never sleeps, and his responses to questions/issues is second to none.

GT22 user here. I will not try to represent everyone else, but will say my personal experience with FAMC was not inspiring. I have found Ron and the folks at RJM to be interested in Axe FX support, easy to get in contact with every time I have needed them, and willing to provide the same sort of forum and ongoing development as Fractal, which is saying a lot. There's no contest, in my opinion.

I have the GT16, only had it 2 weeks now. I looked at the FAMC, and really considered it. Seems to be a lot of power and features at a great price. But, I went with the RJM for several reasons: it already has AxeFX3 integration, the 16 buttons is just right for me with my main effects on P1, a second page, and IA mode; plenty of support help and documentation to get up and running in the start and as I grow in complexity, and I would probably have to get both the FC6 and 12 to do what I want button wise, so not much more than the fractal solution when it gets here.

I am very happy with it. There was a learning curve, and I'm still figuring it out as I discover how powerful and feature rich it is. I'm using a phantom power midi box, and just have to run the one 7 pin cable to the GT16. The Mac editor is awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom