Rjm I finally did it

Harm

Experienced
Oh man, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the gt22. It is arriving tomorrow. I’m so thrilled. I will be able to use the axe a lot more to its potential.
It will be a weekend of programming I think. Of course Ill need a new pedalboard too… off we go.

Harm

the III doesn't have bidirectional midi so you have to use the in and out. rjm has a box that allows you to use one cable going out to the footpedal along with power. I used to make and sell them back when it happend, but don't currently have them for sale.

wiki link should explain

rjm link to the boxes.

Thank you. I knew about the box but wanted to first try to work with 2 midi cables. That will work too right? Main reason is that I could not find a solderless midi bus. You know, for in a rack panel with plugs on both ends. Soldering a midi connection seems a pain in the bum to me.
You guys all solder?

Kind regards, Harm

I hate to rain on your parade, and I might be wrong, and things might change, and you might not care about this feature, but I think the new sets and song lists features aren't accessible via midi, they're FC only.

Other than that, totally jealous, rjm stuff is awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTI
I’ve been using the GT22 for years. No disrespect to the FC, it’s a great plug and play unit, but nothing can touch the RJM. Congrats!

I hate to rain on your parade, and I might be wrong, and things might change, and you might not care about this feature, but I think the new sets and song lists features aren't accessible via midi, they're FC only.

Other than that, totally jealous, rjm stuff is awesome.
It's not really a feature you'll need if you use an RJM as it has something comparable that's device agnostic.

It's an almost $2000 foot controller. To say it has power packed into it is an understatement.

It's not really a feature you'll need if you use an RJM as it has something comparable that's device agnostic.

It's an almost $2000 foot controller. To say it has power packed into it is an understatement.
Hi Ian,

Quick question: I understand the pages button. There are 2 questions left for me that I haven,t figured out: 1) is it possible to make the IA ‘page’ work the same way as the page button? What I mean by that is to have all buttons change functionality when I press that button. Now only the bottom row and the bank buttons change. I’d like to change almost every button..
Question 2) does the rjm do a hold function/ long press? (Short press phaser1, long press delay 1)

Tx! Harm

Question 2) does the rjm do a hold function/ long press? (Short press phaser1, long press delay 1)
Yes. You can do anything on the long press too. If you look at my layout, on the first two pages I have long press set on the IAs to bring up the channel select menu for that block.

And there are two scene select switches on the bottom row that are long press to select scene 7 and 8 respectively.

1) is it possible to make the IA ‘page’ work the same way as the page button? What I mean by that is to have all buttons change functionality when I press that button. Now only the bottom row and the bank buttons change. I’d like to change almost every button..
I'm honestly not sure. I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom