Rivera Knucklehead Reverb and FX-8 Midi Question

I did a search but did not find exactly what I was looking for.

I foolishly sold my Mark I FX-8 when I got the Axe XL. I use the XL with a Rivera S-120 amp and it sounds incredible!

I am wanting to build another rig, consisting of the FX-8 Mark II and a Rivera Knucklehead KR100 amp.
I would like to be able to control the KR with the FX and not have to use a Mini Amp Gizmo.

The KR is midi capable.
The Presets are pre-programmed into the KR.

For instance:
When the KR receives PC 43 - the amp goes into Channel 2 with Boost / no Reverb
When the KR receives PC 69 - the amp goes into Channel 3 with Boost / no Reverb

Is it possible to change the PC number of a Scene from the Configuration page?
Do I have to add a Midi Block to be able to change the PC number?

Midi accessible functions on the KR are:
Channel 1
Channel 2
Channel 3
Channel 1 Boost
Channel 2 Boost
Channel 3 Boost
Reverb On/Off
FX Loop On/Off

I will not be switching the Loop, but I will be switching channels, boosts, and reverb.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

The best way I have found to switch channels on my Mesa TC50 is through Scenes.

Under "Config > MIDI PC" you can set the values you need to switch your amp. For example I have Scene 1 going to Channel 1/effects loop on of my amp with a Reverb and Phase blocks, Scene 2 is for Channel 2/effects loop/reverb off just a dry rhythm sound, and Scene 3 is for Channel 3/effects loop on with a Delay block. Obviously you can have 8 Scene's per preset changing amp channels and effects on/off.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.06.15 PM.PNG

You can also set a MIDI block to change amp functions, but I found it least confusing if you are only toggling between 2 functions on your amp. I would recommend using Scene's since it has the most flexibility. Right click on the "Footswitch" layout to add the MIDI block, then under "Footswitch > MIDI 1 or 2" enter the MIDI PC/Channel values that correspond to your amp. Mine switches between Channel 1 and 2 of my amp with the effect loop on, then I can turn on or off the effects I want as needed. It works like using an amp foot switch and turning on and off individual effects pedals. It fun for experimenting, but once I lock into something I like I make a new preset with scenes.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.06.44 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.06.51 PM.PNG

I hope this helps.

Perfect, thanks. It looks like I can send any PC number that I want with a Scene.

I didn't want to use a Midi Block if I didn't have to.....that's wasting valuable FX space!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom