Rite of Passage - Petrucci rhythm sound

Syrinx

Inspired
After a little tweaking and some input on another forum I think it's ok to post this now. Please, I know the playing isn't correct and sloppy, this was done more just for working on the sound so be gentle :lol:

I did two passes, on each pass I sent both left and right outputs of the Axe-FX to one side, but mixed the delay channel down I think -2db. The patch is the Mark IV into two of the same rectifier cabs but I chose different mics for each. There is a little EQ in the patch and a 7ms delay. I ended up adding a small amount of EQ to the mixing after recording.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6249483893589ba8/

MKeditor said:
So how different is the patch from the stock one?

I'd have to compare actual amp settings but I started from scratch for this one. I had been using the preset one since I got the Axe, took some things from it, a few tweaking tips from some recent threads on here and started over.

Here's a copy of the patch. I tried to upload to Axechange, not sure if it worked or not so I wanted to include a copy here as well.

Patch has chorus and reverb bypassed by default, enable and tweak to taste.

Attachments

• Rite_Of_Passage_Rhythm.zip
    551 bytes · Views: 52
You're sure it's the right patch? It says "Main clean" and is a clean tone?!

www.Fo.com said:
You're sure it's the right patch? It says "Main clean" and is a clean tone?!
Son of a.... it exported the wrong thing. Sorry about that, I'll get the correct one. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom