Ritchie Blackmore tone- Is this attainable with Axe-FX 2.

I would think a Hiwatt sim wouldn't be a bad place to start either. With an FET boost in front.

Richard

(Saw Ritchie with Rainbow and a roadie had to save the tape recorder during the finale when Ritchie destroyed a strat and it pulled the tape recorder off of a table.)

My dad had told me a story of how he saw Deep Purple, front row in 74' at Ontario Motor Speedway. He said Ritchie slammed a Strat into one of the cameras and it blew up.

He went nuts and rocked out for 10 minutes when I showed him this video.

the WIKI says it is.

Yup. Firmware release notes 8:

"Increased gain of Treble Boost Drive model by 10. The original Dallas Rangemaster, on which this model is based, had no Drive control, only an Output level control. Set the Drive control to 5.0 to replicate the original (previously the Drive had to be set to 10 to replicate the original)."

I'd like to see Hornby Skewes treble booster as well. Two types: silicon and germanium, they sound very different.

My dad had told me a story of how he saw Deep Purple, front row in 74' at Ontario Motor Speedway. He said Ritchie slammed a Strat into one of the cameras and it blew up.

He went nuts and rocked out for 10 minutes when I showed him this video.

LOL, the reason he attacked the camera guy was due to him being right behind Blackmore the whole concert... Apparently, he warned the camera guy to stay away from him both before and during the concert.

He also throws a glass of water to another camera guy while he was on his last tour with DP. Check this out... ROFL. First song in concert... Blackmore refuses to go on stage because he hates cameras on stage. Band plays without him until the guitar solo, where Blackmore enters... Watch the clip for what happens in the middle of the solo.

Deep Purple 1/11 - Highway Star - Black Night /HQ/ - YouTube

LOL, the reason he attacked the camera guy was due to him being right behind Blackmore the whole concert... Apparently, he warned the camera guy to stay away from him both before and during the concert.

He also throws a glass of water to another camera guy while he was on his last tour with DP. Check this out... ROFL. First song in concert... Blackmore refuses to go on stage because he hates cameras on stage. Band plays without him until the guitar solo, where Blackmore enters... Watch the clip for what happens in the middle of the solo.

LOL!

Nothing funny about this to me. Based on this, and other videos I've seen, Blackmore is little more than an immature asshole.

Nothing funny about this to me. Based on this, and other videos I've seen, Blackmore is little more than an immature asshole.

He is a character, that's for sure. I heard he's an extremely smart guy both inside and outside the guitar world. Reading and listening to his interviews, you'll see that he's very critical and picky. He bashes almost all famous guitarists, including himself, he says he can't stand listening to recordings of himself on stage. (Unlike some guitarists who openly declare themselves guitar gods.) The only guitarists Ritchie seems to have a great respect for, are Jeff Beck, Van Halen, Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.

I think he is quite underrated, for the same reason Jeff Beck is: Both improvise a lot, both on stage and in studio. Their playing reflects their mood, for the most part. Some days, you listen to him live, you say... omg, how the hell did he do that?!? Some other day, you listen to him and say, what the heck, this is dull and boring. I feel the same way about Jeff Beck.

What people do not know is the fact that Jimmy Hendrix was influenced by him as much as Blackmore was influenced by Hendrix. Apparently Hendrix was very impressed by his playing. He is a true innovator.

Just watch this clip, you'll know what I'm talking about. He was practicing sweep picking as early as 60s

Deep Purple - Wring that neck - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom