Rippin' new Dumble patch track. (new) Patch settings posted!

scottl

(edit)I listened to the clip again a few times and remixed..... I added some Waves IR verb and Eqed a little. I bumped the 700-1200hz range bu a couple db and took away some zing from the 2k range.... Any better??

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/axe/BadMarinMilk.mp3 - remixed version

Hot off the presses! Backing courtesy of Marin Debelic.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/axe/BadMilkAxeFx.mp3

Gear was Carruthers CSA into Axe-FX. SPDIF into computer. HAD patch with tweaks. I did mess with the cab this time and used a mono 2X12 with a condensor. Also tweaked the AIR and Drive. I reduced the damping to smooth things a little. I think this has much better overall tonality than the other efforts. Any thoughts?

I am starting to enjoy this quick and relatively quiet recording setup. Maybe some Atomic monitors are in my future??

Re: Rippin' new Dumble patch track. Best one yet?

Sounds great, like it alot.

scottl said:
Any thoughts?
Try boosting around 1k about 1db before or after cab sim to add some vocal character.

Patch ???

Scott, they all sound great to me.... but I agree this one is smooth!

;)

I really like what's going on in this one Scott. Clear, warm, lots of character and it cuts!

scottl said:
I am starting to enjoy this quick and relatively quiet recording setup. Maybe some Atomic monitors are in my future??
This box is a great way to record. SPDIF directly in. . . no mess, no fuss. Analog sounds great too.

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
I really like what's going on in this one Scott. Clear, warm, lots of character and it cuts!

Agreed. Great tone, and the playing doesn't suck for a "Berklee Rat" ;) Nice Heartly semi-hollow.

a few minor nit-picks:
1) Is it time to update the gear section of your site?
2) We need a patch brother, please post the patch.

cheers,

Some of the best tone I've heard from you, but also absolutely the best playing I've heard from you! Well, all your playing is good, but this one is more up my alley. Definitely rippin'!

scottl said:
Hot off the presses! Backing courtesy of Marin Debelic.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/axe/BadMilkAxeFx.mp3

Gear was Carruthers CSA into Axe-FX. SPDIF into computer. HAD patch with tweaks. I did mess with the cab this time and used a mono 2X12 with a condensor. Also tweaked the AIR and Drive. I reduced the damping to smooth things a little. I think this has much better overall tonality than the other efforts. Any thoughts?

Love it. Best one yet.

Sounded great and you were on fire.

How about an SLX patch!

Ooooooh yeah!!! Smokin'!!

Any tips on tweaking the Dumble amps??

Hi Scott,

I don't own an Axe-Fx yet but your clips is definitely pushing me in that direction.
Your playing here is really what grabs me though. You sure have your own thing going!

Cheers,

Mats N

Sure..... Do you have a real amp based on that circuit?? I can probably help....

stevorc321 said:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!! Sorry my stuff is not more of a gear "demo". When I do record, I like to actually play something...... That way I can see if the gear is inspiring or not.

Again, appreciate the playing comments!!

:D

scottl said:
Sure..... Do you have a real amp based on that circuit?? I can probably help....

stevorc321 said:

I think he means tips for tweaking the HAD ODS 1, Spec OD 1 and Spec OD 2 sims... :)

Nice stuff Scott, I thought your other clips sounded great as well but you seem like a player that would sound good through a Crate.

Glad to hear you've figured out the black box.

Axisman5150 said:
Nice stuff Scott, I thought your other clips sounded great as well but you seem like a player that would sound good through a Crate.

Glad to hear you've figured out the black box.

He means you'd sound good playing a one stringed twig through a milk crate. ;)

Nice stuff, as always, Scott.

Regs,
Jeff

Finaldo said:
scottl said:

stevorc321 said:

I think he means tips for tweaking the HAD ODS 1, Spec OD 1 and Spec OD 2 sims... :)
Yeah..that's it! Virtual tweaks! I did have a Ceriatone Dumble style for a while - but i sold it to get the Axe!!

Hey Scott, here we are hanging out on the fractal forum. Whoda thunk?

The "chirp" is definitely there on this one. I like the midrange clarity and the crunch, good job!

Back
Top Bottom