RIP XL+...?

Not even close. Apple released a new iPod with upgraded cpu, features, memory etc. about every 18 months on average. The old classics used the same, or very similar ARM CPUs for most of their production cycle, but they were no where near the top of the iPod line by the end of that timespan.

I believe he was referring to the iPhone succeeding any and all versions of the iPod. The iPod is barely a blip on Apple's radar, nowadays.

Got my XL+ almost 3 years ago. Best gear I've ever bought. I still marvel ever time I use it. Long live!

Had a guy offer me some guitars for my xl+ earlier. Told him I wasn't taking trades. Then he got pissed and said I should reconsider since no one is buying them anymore. Its either folks want to low ball you or they want to trade stuff they can't sell.

Had a guy offer me some guitars for my xl+ earlier. Told him I wasn't taking trades. Then he got pissed and said I should reconsider since no one is buying them anymore. Its either folks want to low ball you or they want to trade stuff they can't sell.
That’s been my experience..

Just sold my trusty II mk1. Was sad to see her go, been though a lot with that little bugger. Went to a nice young lad who will be continuing enjoying it for years to come.

How much do these go for used?
20170505-dr-evil.jpg

I reckon from those guy's perspective it's a free world and nothing tried is nothing gained. From a vendor's POV I understand that its very annoying to get more of those offers then actual serious ones.

How much do these go for used?

Nowhere near you're probably hoping for as a seller and still way too much if you're a first time buyer.

I just checked the Dutch action site marktplaats, and the highest bid for a II Mk.2 now stands at €925

Now that the FC's will be out by end of this month, I put my AxeFx II XL+ and MFC 101-MK III (separately) on Reverb. Both sold in less than 24 hours and got my asking price, $1700 (100 less than closeout) and $500. Seems fair on both ends.

Now that the FC's will be out by end of this month, I put my AxeFx II XL+ and MFC 101-MK III (separately) on Reverb. Both sold in less than 24 hours and got my asking price, $1700 (100 less than closeout) and $500. Seems fair on both ends.
That makes it incredibly tempting to sell now and grab the 3...I won't be able to afford an FC any time in the foreseeable future, but I don't really need one anyways...hmmm

That makes it incredibly tempting to sell now and grab the 3...I won't be able to afford an FC any time in the foreseeable future, but I don't really need one anyways...hmmm
yeah I think this final depletion definitely benefits
those of us who may want to sell our XL+...but i probly won’t

I sold my Axe-Fx II MK I right before the Axe-Fx III was announced. I sold it for 2/3 what I bought it for new in 2012. I'm lucky to get 25% for my other gear. Again, another reason why the Axe-Fx II is the best purchase I've ever made.

Good to see this. I have the exact same combination that I'm planning to put up for sale soon as well. I need to wait until I have the FC in hand for my AFX III and get all my presets dialed in on the new rig first, though. (Also have a Mark II that's also going up for sale.)

Back
Top Bottom