Rip X software , anybody any experience

Very, very powerful!

It's not at the point yet of satisfactorily isolating guitars, lead gtrs, keys, backing vocals ...

Certain songs can be effectively isolated with heavy minute editing. No every song that's for sure.

Editing options and tools are unique!

Of course some layers are mixed like certain guitar parts with keys orchestrations for example.

You may be able to select the guitars that are identified in the keys layers and assign them to the proper layer (guitar).

I think the potential is very very high on more improvements to come!

Its pretty good, I did this Deftones cover using it:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/deftones-my-own-summer-ripx-deepremix-test.181370/

(Scroll down to the youtube video, the soundcloud one is dud)

I have another couple of songs that I haven't got round to finishing and posting but its a pretty good program. Great for practicing with and I removed instruments with it for a few friends that wanted to play along to songs with the original instrument removed. It can be a bit patchy and cut off crossover instrument frequencies (you can hear it with the cymbals on the track) but it seems to me it depends on the source material. Some songs separate very cleanly while others lose some of the cymbal frequencies so it sounds like a poorly set noise gate clipping the sound.

If you pre-eq the track you're using to over emphasize the instrument you want to remove, I think this could help the software better segregate them and get a cleaner removal.

All in all though its a nice tool to have and especially good deal if you catch it on sale as I believe it is right now.

Tried something similar some time ago with notsogreat results - will give
this one, and the one GlennO refers to a look as the tech seems to have evolved since then.

Tried something similar some time ago with notsogreat results - will give
this one, and the one GlennO refers to a look as the tech seems to have evolved since then.
You'll be amazed for sure and where it's at now! ...under the "Trial Period" I was able to complete several tunes I've been dying to add to my arsenal that otherwise could not.

Creativity and being resourceful helps!

Moises is fairly good actually. I like students use something like this because all the technique they want is within the songs vs learning to play over just a metronome.

Very, very powerful!

It's not at the point yet of satisfactorily isolating guitars, lead gtrs, keys, backing vocals ...

Certain songs can be effectively isolated with heavy minute editing. No every song that's for sure.

Editing options and tools are unique!

Of course some layers are mixed like certain guitar parts with keys orchestrations for example.

You may be able to select the guitars that are identified in the keys layers and assign them to the proper layer (guitar).

I think the potential is very very high on more improvements to come!

Im not following as it pertains to what I need to do... im trying to isolate guitar solos on death metal recordings such as Immolation solos which I am trying to learn... will this allow you to hear only the solo? And then after to export to a midi file so that i can then Import to guitar pro?

And can I do the same with rhythm guitars?

Im not following as it pertains to what I need to do... im trying to isolate guitar solos on death metal recordings such as Immolation solos which I am trying to learn... will this allow you to hear only the solo? And then after to export to a midi file so that i can then Import to guitar pro?

I'm not sure how cleanly it will be able to separate the lead solo from the rhythm guitars but if it's just for reference learning it should do it well enough. Once the parts are segregated, you can do what you want with them.

The keys, horns (if any) and all guitars are grouped together as a range or voice as Rhythm. You might find an occasional vocal tidbit or percussion tidbit there too assigned during the extraction process.

You can quickly highlight those parts in the editor and assign them back to their respective voices.

Voices typically are:

Vocals
Bass guitar
Drums
Percussion
Rhythm

If you mute a voice, all extracted audio assigned to that voice is muted.

You can highlight certain parts of a voice and assign them to other voices or create a separate voice.

Vocals will have lead vocals and backing vocals. I successfully isolated them in a few songs in the editor and created 2 separate tracks!

You can also surgically remove lead gtr parts by highlighting them and deleting or by reassigning them to a new voice. You can remove them by simply deleting them or just muting the new voice after you assigned them there.

Again there are many unique tools and editing procedures that I’ve never seen before & have yet to use.

The technology is impressively great where it is now but has great potential for further enhancements and improvements!!

There is a 1 month free trial for both full working software!

Last edited:
I am downloading the demo|trial for ripX right now. Also will look at the one Glenno mentioned.

Ahh, I see moises.ai is android. Not for me.

I am downloading the demo|trial for ripX right now. Also will look at the one Glenno mentioned.

Ahh, I see moises.ai is android. Not for me.
moises.ai? There is an ipad app, it's not just android. Anyway, I don't even use the app. I just use the web site.

I'm using RipX (DeepAudio) as well. Great app...best one around imho.
I do find it difficult to extract drums without too much cymbal flutter. Simple songs often turns out ok but the more complex ones are no good.
I always go for the highest quality input as possible, but it's often hard to get hold of material better than cd quality.
Anybody got some tips?

Cheers :)

Intricate, two-guitar songs challenge the software’s performance. Regardless, this is cutting-edge.

None of these apps work perfectly. Bass bleeds into guitar tracks, guitar bleeds into vocal tracks. All depends on the recording I guess. But I will say any of these apps are super handy for dialing in your tone for cover songs. Ive been using Neural Mix as of late and its really helped a lot for that purpose. Also if a band member doesn't make practice for some reason fine we can just play to the song and pull or drop instruments we don't need.

Back
Top Bottom